Sign in to follow this  
czGLoRy

Please Help My Grade Depends On It

ok...for 20% of my grade, i had to put all of my work from a class (english) into a portfolio for a presetation. I lost it all, so i had to redo it, and i did.

Unfortunately, it is on the computer that ISNT WORKING...

It seems to boot fine, but the monitor says 'in power save mode, move mouse or hit keyboard" the same thing it says when it is not hooked up to cpu at all. I checked all the chords. WHat could possibly be the problem?

I changed ram timing from something like 4 - 2.5 - 2 - 3 to 4 - 2 - 2 - 3, rebooted, now cpu wont reboot.

MY WORK IS ON THAT CPU, i just spent over 30 hours over last two weeks redoing the stuff, and if i dont get it done, i will drop from a B to a D... meaning i would have to retake the class.

PLEASE HELP ME

find a working computer, and throw that hard drive in it as a secondary drive. make sure u boot from the other comptuer drive. then get the files off of it. as long as its not a hard drive problem, you should be able to get ur files w/ little to now hassle. then u can troubleshoot the computer later. good luck man!

Reset your CMOS, then see what happens. sounds like your ram dident like what you did, so just get it reset and it should be ok

Reset your CMOS, then see what happens. sounds like your ram dident like what you did, so just get it reset and it should be ok

394692[/snapback]

well i dont have access to another working cpu (other than this one, that wont work) and i cant get into cmos, nothing appears on the monitor AT ALL! i cant even get it to power up, it just stays on "saving power" mode

theisr a jumper on your motherboard near the little battery u need to change teh pins that it's on then set it back in place, that shoudl clear it out.

clear cmos means change jumpers and take out battery (hardware)

394695[/snapback]

i thought he said the menu you change it in but im too nervous to think i dont have the SLIGHTEST clue on how to do that

if you cant find the jumper, just take out the battery, unplug the comptuer, count to like 15 or 20 to make sure the whole computer discharges, then put them back in. everythign will be back to stock.

Yes there is this jumper on your motherboard, look in your manuel to spot it. and the proper way to do it, some have different ways of doing it. but take out your battery, and leave it unplugged for 10-15 minutes.

you dont need to unplug it for that long. it just has to discharge the capacitors. which it will do pretty fast.

i thought he said the menu you change it in but im too nervous to think i dont have the SLIGHTEST clue on how to do that

394698[/snapback]

this computer is barely working, and its falling apart already (literally, the back is missing, its not my computer, and i doubt it would even hold another one its that old. )

what does the battery look like? What is it attached to?

Edited by czGLoRy