Photo
- - - - -

Caffeineless, Think I Can Do It?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Will Mr Yuck (Bailey) make it without caffeine for 4 or more days? (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Will Mr Yuck (Bailey) make it without caffeine for 4 or more days?

1. Yeah (25 votes [37.31%])

Percentage of vote: 37.31%

2. Nope (42 votes [62.69%])

Percentage of vote: 62.69%

Vote

#13 r_target

r_target

forgotten but not gone

• Folding Member
  • 5947 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:33 AM

I've kicked hard drugs and I still can't kick caffeine. I get it from coffee though, not soda. Anyway, good luck. If you make it, you'll definitely sleep better.
Core2 [email protected]|Abit IP35 Pro|Mushkin XP2 6400 2x1GB|EVGA 8800GTS Superclock|Douglas SBD-3 Posted Image

#14 markiemrboo

markiemrboo

BSD Fiend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5955 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:25 AM

Have I had caffeine? It's in Coke aint it? I drink that every once in a while. What else is caffeine in? I mostly just drink water. Still seem to have troubles sleeping though :)

Good luck. I have no idea how addictive it is so... I'll put no judging by other comments
( Intel C2Q9300 + Scythe Zipang (400 x 7.5 = 3GHz @ 1.3v) ) ( Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R v2.1 ) ( 2 x 2GB OCZ OCZ2N800SR4GK PC2-6400 (400 x 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v) ) ( Sapphire 4890 OC 1GB ) ( 4 x 1TB Samsung F1, 1 x 500GB Samsung T ) ( Pioneer DVR-109XL ) ( X-fi XtremeMusic ) ( Corsair HX 520 ) ( Enermax Pandora CA-3030 ) ( 2 x Benq G2400W ) ( Cherry CyMotion Expert ) ( Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 )

Posted Image

#15 zigen

zigen

OCC's Unofficial Lian-Li Expert! :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1620 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:28 AM

lol caffeine has absouletly no effect on me... been through a whole 12 case of Bawls at a lan once and still fell asleep at my comp lol

#16 lordofbeer

lordofbeer

Vegas Baby... Vegas!!

• Folding Member
  • 504 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:50 AM

I go thru about a pot of coffee every morning, and drink a couple sodas in the afternoon everyday. I f I dont drink anything with caffeine for a day I'll get a bad head ache... :(

I'd say it would be tough for you to make it 4 days! but good luck. :D

We'll have to see how your posting abilities are affected by the caffeine withdrawels.lol

#17 lifted

lifted

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 08:56 AM

these are miligrams of caffine, by the way

Posted Image

Red Bull and BAWLS Guarana have 80mg of caffeine per 12 oz.

has anyone tried the new alcholic energy drinks, Budwieser has one, BE, it has 6.6% alcohol by volume, stronger than most beers, and has 54 milligrams of caffeine, i havent tried it

i did try Spark (or somthing) it has 6% alc and caffine n stuff, i couldnt find info on it on the web, it taste a little fruity, a little strange, I liked it, it solves the problem of chosing between caffine drink(soda) or beer...

this prolly wont hepl you quit caffine, just thought it was intresting
Posted Image

#18 lordofbeer

lordofbeer

Vegas Baby... Vegas!!

• Folding Member
  • 504 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 09:17 AM

I tried that Budweiser Caffeiene beer stuff, It kinda tastes like redbull. Its brewed with cherries or something crazy. I have 1 can left in my bar fridge, its ok.

BTW nice caffeine chart there lifted, I didnt realize coffee had that much more than soda...

I dont think I'll ever be able to give up caffeine. :(

#19 Shadowfactor

Shadowfactor

Im a AMD kinda Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2874 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 09:28 AM

good luck , I got off Caffine , WHen i did my lan Phase i was hitting Caffine hard for about 4 months and Then THe lans Stopped cuz the local Place closed. So I didnt Drink very much, I do have the other weekly bawls , but im not a caffine junkie Like i was. I neer got head aches or anything When i Quit. Also One sign of ADD or ADHD is Drinking alot of Caffine and not getting hyper.
Posted Image
D-TeK FuZion CPU :Danger Den Maze 4 Chipset: PUMP :SWIFTECH|MCP655 Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Reservoir Swiftech MCR-120.2 Radiator PC-ICE Coolant & PrimoFlex tubing

Intel Core i7-2600K
ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (REV 3.0)
G.SKILL Ripjaws X + Turbulence II Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2200
EVGA SuperClocked GeForce GTX 570 HD
OCZ ZX Series OCZ-ZX1000W
OCZ Vertex 3 120gb SSD
Thermaltake Level 10 GT

#20 bigred

bigred

Don't even get me started

• Folding Member
  • 9685 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 09:46 AM

between 4-8 liters of MT. Dew every day. is that bad? then throw in a few red bulls and a vitamin water in the morning... no wonder I can keep going on less than 2 hours of sleep a night.
Some people are like Slinkies. Totally useless, but you just can't help but laugh when you push them down the stairs.

#21 caffeinejunkie

caffeinejunkie

Déjà Vu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:28 PM

it's been proven that caffeine is more addictive than marijuana just to let you know. I hope you get off caffeine man for me it wasn't the caffeine i needed to get ride of it was the pop all those calories and carbs. I'm down to a pop or two a day and i drink a gallon of water or more. plus i go to my schools weight room for two hours a day. So as long as your healthy i don't see pop and caffeine as being that bad.

Posted Image

Main Rig:[e4300 C2D](356x9 3.2ghz)[Gigabyte DS3][2x1gb Gskill DDR2-800](5-5-5-15 534mhz)[4890](950/1050)[2x Seagate 80gbs](Raid-0)[Corsair AX750](Vista)

#22 zep_54

zep_54

The other white meat

• Folding Member
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:41 PM

caffeine is addictive yes, but there is no way it could be as addictive as smoking. Im on my 12th day of not smoking, and it feels like its been months. I actually have dreams where i buy packs of smokes and smoke them all in one sitting. Thats disgusting....

Oh and if you want a alcoholic beverage that will also pick you up, try a jeigerbomb.

one ounce of jeigermeister in a shot glass
a third of a can of redbull in a glass
place the shotglass in the glass, without mixing the two liquids
slam it back as fast as you can
tastes good and its a crazy drunk, your all loopy and hammered but you feel like you just popped some speed or something, it really

"gives you wings"

basically dont drink to much, if your drunk as crap and youve been following the one third to one ounce rule you shouldnt consume to much redbull, maybe 4 or 5 cans...

Oh and good luck with the quitting, i wonder if there is a caffine patch?

Edited by zep_54, 13 January 2005 - 12:42 PM.

#23 Shaggy

Shaggy

Sexy Time

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:47 PM

have any of you guys ever heard of tea? i know tea has caffeine, but not nearly to the same degree as coffee or soda. best of all tea doesnt have all that sugar like soda does and tea is good for you. especially green tea. people who drink green tea, specifically japanese, live to be over 90 in most cases and most of them have terrible eating habits and smoke. something to think about if your looking for a change, but one that is more uplifting.

#24 evanin

evanin

Jet Black New Year

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:51 PM

I drink a can or two of soda each day. I will not drink cofee or any other type of cafinee. I do not drink it when I wake up either becasue I do not want to have to rely on it each morning.