Neo2 Platinum...really People Two Bad In A Row?

im bout to pull my hair out. ive returned this mobo already and on my 2nd one..i have never ran into this kind of a problem before and this is my fourth computer to build..cant start windows setup at all..what are the chances of two of these in a row goin bad? anyone?

2 boards in a row

close to impossible

i think it's you - no offense

maybe try getting it to certified ppl and ask them to install it

EDIT: make sure your not putting socket 940 chips into a 939 mobo

Edited by FunkyMonkey

not sure, i have everything hooked up just fine like ive always had, just slipped the new mobo and processor in, the jumpers are set correctly, not sure on compatibility issues, ive looked online and havent found any w/ the msi board and the 9800xt, or w/ the amd 64 3500. anyone know the minimum power supply to be used w/ this setup, i currently have a 350w...oh yea newcastle core, havent set up windows yet to be able to flash bios

Edited by SVTmofo

guess im goin tom,orrow to get a new psu, i had it working just fine friday but ran into crashing issues and when i could finally get it goin again it was not detecting hard drives, and finally boot into windows would lock up while installing software eg: games.

I'd go with him trying to put a winnie into it.  SVT, you need to flash the BIOS to the latest version if you are using a winchester core'd CPU. 

BTW, more info would definitly help us a lot.

393241[/snapback]

I don't think this is topic Hijacking but you have to flash the bios BEFORE you put the Winnie in? I have the Neo2 Platinum on my desk and a 939 90nm winnie on the way. I don't want to fry my board like SVT. And MAYBE you have a winnie by mistake.

You definitely need a new PSU. A 350W just won't cut it, espcially if it came in a case or is a generic unit.

Here's my reasoning...

With a 3500+, 9800XT, 2 sticks of RAM, 1 hard drive, and 1 CD-ROM...you are drawing a minimum of 285W. If you are running a sound card, PCI cards, USB, etc...you can easily add another 15-20W. Your 350W PSU is not delivering the full 350W unless its at ideal condtions, so are probaly right out or over what that PSU is capable of putting out.

Get a good 500W+ PSU and you'll be set.