How To Change Your Motherboard

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I just changed my motherboard and CPU (D975XBX2 and Core 2 Duo E6600) but didnt reinstall or repair windows xp. I turned on the machine and besides having to reinstall a few drivers, it works fine. Maybe I will run into issues with Windows XP but as of yet, everything seems ok.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

My computer came with a pre-installed windows xp without a cd but they gave me a cd-rom image of windows xp on my hard drive. I've never installed xp myself nor have I change my motherboard so I'm pretty new. I was wondering if any of those methods would work for me and when I actually install my mother board what will my comp ask me to do with XP at the screen and what will look like and etc. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks

• 7 months later...

i replaced an ASUS board with a new EVGA, no problems as of now. i didnt repair windows or anything, im running vista ultimate 32-bit as soon as i booted teh first time vista automatically found the drivers and installed them. took about a half hour but everything went smooth. am i just lucky or do you think i missed something? it runs fine just wanna know if theres something i missed that can possibly make the swap cleaner (not having any old drivers or ASUS stuff laying around or something like that.)