Sign in to follow this  
yatstv

The Right 120mm Fan?

yes its me again with my xp120, like i said i removed the 190cfm delta fan because the motor was producing alot of heat, so i replaced with some ys tech i already had, i dont think the cfm on it is any good at all, tis very quiet too.

i need some sugestions on what fan to get?

my temps are realy random ( i am using MBM 5 so they should be acurate )

rig in sig

CPU idle between 34-40C. CPU load between 51-57C gaming for a few hours.

case idle between 19-21C. stays about 21C all the time

dont know what else is causing such high CPU temps, or is it not too bad, just get new fan about 100-120cfm?

thanx in advance from your local modding buddy yatstv

Ive got an 80cfm antec on mine and tried a 108cfm sunon that was very quiet but im just a bit dissapointed in my temps 48 to50c load . the sunnon gave me 1 more degree down but the vibration played heck with my dvd burner.

which ys-tech fan have you got? i've got the 125cfm ys-tech and it seems to be alright in mine, 34ish in standby. the only problem i have is that its so close to the edge of my case that it isn't pulling in as much as it should be.

i dont know what one it is, or can i remember where i got it from, its a black fan, but the center bit and blades are blue painted. ive got another ys tech fan in the post, this might be the same as yours at 125cfm. so this might drop my temps a bit.

i use mbm 5 and i know its acurate, but does anyone know other alternatives that are acurate too, i just want a change from mbm5 thats all.

Edited by yatstv

i use mbm 5 and i know its acurate, but does anyone know other alternatives that are acurate too, i just want a change from mbm5 thats all.

get an external thermal probe...like those thermocouple thingy or a thermometer ..most accurate, though you need to get the probe as close as to the core as possible :) why not you buy a fan controller to tame that 190cfm delta beast??

SO what is the most powerful 120mm fan

I wish they made a tornado 120mm HAHAHA that'd be too insane, you could like liftoff your CPU

I wish they made a tornado 120mm HAHAHA that'd be too insane, you could like liftoff your CPU

387461[/snapback]

there was on on ebay a while back it was lik 60mm thick and had 2 12v power connectors.

387461[/snapback]

Not a tornado, but here's one from Delta:

Delta GFB1212VHW, 120 x 120 x 76.2mm, 3400 rpm, 220.29 CFM, 59 dB(A)

prepare for lift-off