How Good Is Amd Athlon 64 3500+?

How good is the AMD Athlon 64 3500+ for socket 939? What intel does it compare to? And how much performance increase is their from the 130nm and the 90nm CPU chips. I want to know if its worth that extra money or not. Also which one of these is best for overclocking? What is the most common overclock with them?

Yes, the 3500+ is a very good CPU. If you get the winchester core I believe you can overclock it higher. No intel CPU can really compare to it, at least no CPU's that are in the 3500's price range thats for sure. However if your only upgrading from that 3000+ I wouldnt bother, you have a great CPU right there.

didnt even see that ya i was goign to say it was good but seeing that u have a 3000 why bother unless u need another comp . or just want another . i used to think that amd's names went with intel cpus but now theres like a million amd 3000+'s so who knows how it works now . i dont think theres too many ppl who could really explain why there would b more then 1 proc with the same name .

Same name differnt sockets. I wouldn't recomend replacing your current CPU with a 3500+ but if you are buildign a new system then go for it. They are good chips and i guess perfor about as well as a P4 Northwood HT 3.6 Also DEFENATLY go 90nm, they run cool and are 4-5% faster then the 130nm parts. Also you can find them cheeper. So it's a win-win situation.

well the only reason i'm upgrading is because my bro wanted a computer and said he would buy some of my parts for $600. So i figured why not get 939 since the board will be around longer than 754. And where did you find the 90nm cheaper? I always see them $70 more than 130 nm.