Sign in to follow this  
fishtankfish

The Keyboards

I use the Microsoft Wireless Desktop Elite...it's fantastic. I've spent my time with cheap keyboards...they suck. Keys stick, they make lots of noise, etc. With as much time as I spend on my comp, I need to have a high quality and comfortable keyboard.

I use a COMPAQ keyboard that i got off Ebay for $4 + $2 shipping and it's the best keyboard i own, nice keys, not loud at all. Anyway other than that i say Logitech I like most all of their stuff :)

Sveach, I think those are the keyboards they use in hell... Those things are such a pain in the butt for me that I never eve considered getting one. Give a pplain 104 key and I'll be happy... Just make sure the backspace key is bigger than the letter keys ;)

Don't use a Keyboard for gaming. The "Nostromo n52" game pad is the perfect replacemente for keyboards and since every key can be mapped to a normal keyboard key it works with any game that's supposed to be played with a keyboard.

and just to answer the original question. I use a BenQ mini keyboard wich is a desktop keyboard the size of a sub-notebook keyboard. I use it because I became used to small keyboards and now I find them more confortable.

I use a BTC 5060XT, which is the same layout as the original IBM 84-key AT keyboards. I like the clicky keys, I like the placement of ctrl (and alt, for that matter), and I like the function keys off to the left rather than spread out across the top.

edit: I've found that the numpad works just fine for all of the missing keys; I've gotten used to it, and don't have any problems. You can usually find this keyboard or the IBM version on ebay (as I recall, I only bought the BTC 'cause it was cheaper; so far, I haven't had any problems). They have a picture of it over at clickykeyboards.com. Need an AT to ps/2 adapter, though.

Edited by Pyrthas