Sign in to follow this  
Iggy

Fs: Aiw 9800 Pro W/ Cooling & Vmods

I'm selling an AIW 9800 Pro that includes all of the original cables, accessories, software, and the box. I have vmodded the VGPU and VDD with 10k trimmers, and it has copper ramsinks and a VGA Silencer Rev. 3 on it. Arctic Silver 5 was used on the GPU. When overclocked I benched it in my system on 3DMark05 (AXP 2.5 Ghz Tbred, 512 Mb DDR400, Raid 0 80 Gig 7.2k Hitachis) against a friend of mines (clamothe) who has a 9800XT, and it easiliy beat it out despite having half the vram. In my system this card did Halo @ 1024x768 max details and UT04 @ 1280x1024 high details. As of right now you cannot find a better performing multimedia card. It has been flashed with a custom bios from InvaderTrax, and it is set to boot @ 450 core/385 mem. Unless you're running @ very high resolutions it should meet or beat a stock 9800XT in most apps. These are the pics I took after modding it, but it looks virtually identical except for a little dust on the wires:

front.jpg

back-1.JPG

back-2.JPG

back-4.JPG

I'm asking $230+shipping or $250 shipped (the vmods are quite delicate so shipping is a bit extra) to the continental US or Canada. EDIT: Or best offer. :)

Please be aware that if you are interested in purchasing this card, you must have sufficient case cooling to give it a good supply of cool air. Vmodding on air can be a bit touchy, and since it is an AIW and has a R350 it generates a good amount of heat. I had two 120mm Antec fans blowing on it from my side panel, but that was probably overkill and it could probably do fine with less cooling.

Edited by Iggy

I don't have either game, but it should perform about the same as a 9800XT. It'll be about equivalent to any 128 mb 9800 Pro flashed to XT, maybe slightly higher because of the core vmod.

I have a 9800 Pro 128MB, Athlon 2600 OC'ed to 2.3GHz, 1 GB GEIL Golden Dragon RAM, and Far Cry runs like a champ. I can run 1280x1024 with 6x AA, and 16x AS with good frame rates (it looks very smooth to me). If I go to 1600x1200 it gets choppy at times.

Great card to play FC on :D

So far I haven't received any offers whatsoever guys, so this thing is still up. I'll consider just about every offer.

I am looking for a good deal, so i dont want to offend you...125.00? I know its a low offer, but it is all i can afford at the moment.

So far I haven't received any offers whatsoever guys, so this thing is still up. I'll consider just about every offer.

390938[/snapback]

Any offer? $1 shipped. :lol:

Sign in to follow this