Sign in to follow this  
KiLZo

Ati9800pro Vs Bfg6600gt

I am a RavenShield Player. I sometimes play Max payne 2 .... so i am  not a superficial camger like some i just want higher then 115 fps in Ravenshield.

384891[/snapback]

Um, I've got 20/15 vision with my glasses, and I can't tell the difference with anything above 105 FPS.

Would it be worth it to buy a 6600gt if I have an Ati Radeon 9800pro 256mb flashed to XT or should I just save up and get something like a 6800gt/ultra (which one is better, GT or Ultra?).

385295[/snapback]

No it wouldn't Just save up and wait for the next gen coming in a month of so.

Back to the orriginal question the BFG 6600 GT OC 128MB is a good card. The 6600's a a great core and feture a lot of Techs that the 9xxx series jsut doesn't have. I went with it and have not had any disapointment

yeah, i have a chance to get a XFX 6600GT AGP for less that 200 bucks, think i might just grab it up

i dont know about the other brands, i know BFG is good, but people arent giving XFX the credit i think they deserve on this particular card, stock clocks are higher than some at 500 core vs. 450 core on most, and the samsung memory on it is 256 bit rated at 600Mhz, which means it has alot of overclocking potential as far as the memory, of course that have choked the memory top 128bit operation, but still, they are using higher than necessary quality components in that card.....always nice

if i may add a comment

a ti4800 like mine, is almost clocked the same as an 9800

think i oc mine to 650/440 around there,

6600!!!!

385290[/snapback]

well considering the cards are 2 different ones u havnt put in the factor of all the components. Pipelines, vertex shader, etc. High clock speeds is not what is always important