Xp120 Installed

yatstv

I just replaced my sp-94 with the xp-120 and dont feel so bad my chip came out also. No bent pins though. I tried a sunon fan (108 cfm)and it cooled great . Load was down to 47c in a 34 to 35c case.(rooms way hot right now) My problem is with my dvd writer to much vibration and it goes haywire if it tries to write a disc with it going so i had to fall back on an antec 80cfm fan.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aaaahhhhhh, i thought i would have a fiddle inside and i have figured why i have quite high temps. i have put in my YS tech 120mm fan ( dont know the cfm on it ) from the front of the case im modding, and put that on the CPU instead. my temps when not in use have dropped 9C and my load has droped to 38C. why you are asking, well i felt the center of the delta fan and it was very warm, because of the power of the fan, its producing heat in the middle of it. so im sticking with the YS tech, and im gonna put the delta in the front of the modded case instead.

i have been looking at ur pic a bit more and it looks like to me that ur ram is not in the right way . should b in the 2 closests spots to the cpu not spaced out like they r . i guess unless u want them running in single channle mode

thanx, the ram is'nt dual chanel, thats why they are in 1+3. just 2 normal sticks of 333 ram, getting some new ram soon. the fan runs at 59db wich doesnt sound too loud but believe me, it is. im gonna have to get a guard for it now its in the front of my other case, anyone know any nice 120mm fan guards, im in the UK.

I'm not 100% sure on this, maybe someone else can correct me, but my understanding of dual channel is that you don't need a "matched set" of dual channel ram to run your config in dual channel. If you have two chips of the same speed, you should be fine. You should run them in the dual channel slots, it can't hurt.

i got a 120mm fan guard for the front of my case:

d_330.jpg

i got it from the US (jab-tech.com) - the shipping was more than the guard itself lol...

check the list for 120mm fan guards in the UK...

i'm pretty sure you can get cool ones in the UK (ie, something other than "Atomic", "Biohazard", "Hurricane" etc), it's just the one i wanted was cheaper to buy in the US and have shipped over!

if you put a high CFM fan blowing onto components, you will definately break sometrhing. put that delta as an exhaust. i wouldn't put anything over 140 CFM blowing into the system

383910[/snapback]

huh?

you seriously think that 140+ cfm's will actually damage something? naw man, it would take some serious air to actually break something, like alot, like nothing any fan could put out......i have never heard of a fan in a case breaking something

I know most of you will think i am crazy, and laugh your @ss off, but i used a leaf blower to blow out dust and dirt out of my case, no probs, and nothing broken, in fact it worked really well! I know.....but hey....it worked... :P