What Heatsink To Get?

Just ordered my new P4 2.4ghz northwood cpu....I wanna overclock this baby to 3.0ghz or faster, what heatsink do you all suggest???? I am more of an AMD guy so I really do not know whats out there for overclocking an Intel....

Swiftech and Thermalright both make excellent cooling solutions. Thermalright used to be really good about making giant full-copper heatsinks but they seem to me stopping that with their current aluminium line-up. Swiftech is good because they make a copper and aluminium hybrid heatsink, the base is 1/2" of copper with aluminium pins pressed-in at various angles.

The XP-90 is pretty popular amongst overclockers because of its heat-pipes and ability to use a 92mm fan, which is quieter than using an 80mm fan. Swiftech is good if you want quiet with really good temps for overclocking, it doesn't have the heat-pipes, though.

Well since i have tried both the XP-120 and the SP-94 If you want a quiet solution the XP-120 is the way to go. If noise is not an issue than the Sp-94 and a tornado is the way to go. In my expierience the temps are within 1 to 2c of each other. I'll have to wait till i get home and back into my 68f room to tell what the real difference is . At this point i'm sticking with the low noise solution. :foldon::foldon:

Swiftech is the way to go if you really want the best quality workmanship on a heatsink :)

They may have very good quality heatsinks but if you look at an XP-90 (or XP-120 I assume, havnt seen one IRL) you'll see the small details that really make it a great heatsink, like the fact it protrudes over the NB, therefore the fan blows directly onto it aswell as the heatsink. I really like that part of the XP-90.

Swiftech is the way to go if you really want the best quality workmanship on a heatsink :) CnC machined copper base man... its like Italian leather shoes hand-made :P though i dont see why those shoes are so dang ex .. hahaha

Another Swiftech fan. :D

Swiftech r0x0rs my b0x0rs :P