Ati X850

The_WRATH

i think in january is when ATi is releasing all of their cards. considering a X800XT PE that's phase change cooled and OCed beat 6800Ultra SLi, i'd like to see how far people take this chip. it's built on 110 micron technology instead of 130. i've heard the fan sounds like a jet plane tho

i've heard the fan sounds like a jet plane tho

What I find ironic about this is how NVidia put out the 5800, (which was a crappy card) which was the first by nVidia to use 2 slots for cooling, and it sounded like a hair dryer. Funny, the X850 seems to be doing the same thing. 2 slot, hair dryer, I sure hope all you ATi fanboys out there are praying that this isn't the next 5800.

What I find ironic about this is how NVidia put out the 5800, (which was a crappy card) which was the first by nVidia to use 2 slots for cooling, and it sounded like a hair dryer. Funny, the X850 seems to be doing the same thing. 2 slot, hair dryer, I sure hope all you ATi fanboys out there are praying that this isn't the next 5800.

Considering how fast the X800's are, and that the X850 is just a speed boost/process shrink, that's not really possible.

wonder what nvidia will launch

Nothing...they don't need to.

This isn't new technology...just a factory OC'ed speed increase in cherry X800 cores. They may change the size, but it isn't a complete arichtecture re-do. Think of this as the 9800Pro -> 9800XT jump. Differences will be minimal and for most people not worth the extra money.