Sp2 Problem Or Is It?

Cyberbeer

Can anyone tell me why my LAN connection says Limited to no Connectivity after I installed SP2. I have disabled the firewalls and allowed it as an exception but I still get it. The connection is set up for me and my cousin to play network games it has no connection to the internet. I first thought that could be the problem but I am not sure. I do connect to the internet using a wireless USB adapter, any thoughts?

did you try to reinstall TCP/IP? Sometimes I've found that reinstalling TCP/IP will help cure the problem. I dunno why it happened after you installed SP2, I've never seen it happen. Or it could just be coincidence and maybe TCP/IP was corrupted by something else.

Try to rebuild the tcp/ip stack by typing this or coping this into the run comand

netsh int ip reset mynetsh.log

and see if it helps. Some times like LobbDogg said your tcp/ip can get corrupted but it isn't nessecarry to uninstall the tcp/ip in XP like 98.

P.S. you can see what was changed by going to C:\Documents and Settings\mynetsh.txt it helps to see what was changed and it is a shorter solution.

What's this EventID 4226?

The EventID 4226 means, that there are to many concurrent TCP connection attempts. A connection attemp is a query to a computer, if it accept the TCP connection or not. If the computer is for example no more existent, it will be waited for a few seconds, until a timeout occurs and the connection attemp get canceled.

Since XP SP2 there are only 10 concurrent TCP connection attempts possible, while in SP1 it has not been limited.

Link: http://www.lvllord.de/?lang=en&url=4226patch/faq

ya SP2 screws up one of my computers internet settings as well.

for some reason after i installed SP2 on it, iam forced to disable the internet connection and then reenable it for it to work.

it kinda gets annoying, so i try not to restart that 1 computer to much

i also noticed a similar issues with sp2 and discconecting all the time. in my event viewer there were a lot of dhcp errors, why i have no idea. but i assiagned a static ip and it has gone away