What Half-Life 2 box did you get?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What Half-Life 2 box did you get?

• Gordon.
    • G-Man.
    • Alyx.
    • Bought over Steam.
    • Don't own the game.

[quote name='ClayMeow' date='Dec 19 2004, 10:53 PM']kurosen, i dunno about you, but I paid ZERO tax, and thus paid less and got to play CS:S for months before, as well as play hl2 within 15 mins of release time[/quote]
I didn't really think about that before... Thanks for the "pick me up" Clay :)

[quote name='Kamikaze_Badger' date='Dec 19 2004, 11:07 PM']I'm just curious which box style you got when you bought HL2. I got t3h sexay Alyx :D.[/quote]
I thought you said humans wernt attractive :P :lol:

[quote name='ClayMeow' date='Dec 19 2004, 09:53 PM']Only paranoid idiots bought retail.[/quote]
Well, paranoid idiots and more importantly, IMPATIENT idiots. I tried downloading, couldn' get through to steam, so went out and bought the g-man box. regrettted it ever since, still upset i ddin't get the silver package.

[quote name='bishop245' date='Dec 20 2004, 06:37 AM']mine has all three people on it as its the collectors edition that came with the game on dvd and an ex large hl2 t-shirt[/quote]
:o wow... i thought i was the only person who got this... i wear the hl2 t-shirt all the time lol... in fact, i'm wearing it right now! :lol:

[quote name='Vampire' date='Dec 20 2004, 03:55 PM']Alyx is a bunch of pixels and polygons for crying out loud people! :P[/quote]
... Point being... what?
she's still REALLY hot... ^_^
:lol: Edited by Duff Man

hey guys guess what? retail owners don't need to have CD to play anymore. i guess valve just decided to grant everybody who owns retail a bronze subscription. mine came with gordon on it cuz that's all gamestop had.

[quote name='andrusk' date='Dec 20 2004, 02:19 AM']I wouldnt go that far. I buy retail software because I like to actaully hold the disc. I like to have something physicall for what I paid for. I know its not just me too. Besides, my sister works at target so I got a nice little discount on the game ;)[/quote]
that's true....i guess not just paranoid idiots ;). I forgot about those with employee discounts. I can definitely see waiting for retail if there was a substantial employee discount :).

yuanji, i didn't think you ever needed the cd to play once it's installed and activated thru steam? I don't have retail, so I could be wrong, but I never heard anyone say they needed the cd in to play.

[quote name='ClayMeow' date='Dec 21 2004, 02:43 AM']that's true....i guess not just paranoid idiots ;). I forgot about those with employee discounts. I can definitely see waiting for retail if there was a substantial employee discount :).

yuanji, i didn't think you ever needed the cd to play once it's installed and activated thru steam? I don't have retail, so I could be wrong, but I never heard anyone say they needed the cd in to play.[/quote]
you needed the CD awhile ago. after the new steam update, it seems that it just moved all people who had retail to a bronze account as it says that i have bought HL2 package on steam now when before it would list a price.