Internet Speed

wanksta

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$25 USD a month, i pay the 300kbs rate and get 838kbs.

It makes me happy :) Seriously, i get roughly 110kbs for most DLs so i cant complain when you consider the cost of AOL which = no speed. I was able to talk mom and dad into paying SOME of the internet cost, but only up tp teh price of dialup lol (based on AOL's rate thank god :)) so i dont have to pay very much :D Another thing is ppl say, why dont you get roadrunner (perfectly avalible for 3mbs(some ppl even get 6mb for a "small" additonal fee)) but at around $50-60 per month, i cant afford it lol.

bah, 1.2-1.4mb/s...on a cable connection that sells 5mb/s. Lovely. i hate cox.

and markiemrboo...we have a right to complain...paying out our nose for bandwidth that we don't really seem to get. what fun is life if you can't complain? hehe

i get 1.2 to 1.5 it changes not sure why. about a month ago i had sbc out to fix the mess they made last year. ( i had a pool put in had to move wires big mess lol) and while they were here i had their tech guy come out to test everything before the backfilled to make sure it worked. and he did a line test for me to see if i could up to the higher speed (1.5 to 3.0) i have the 756 to 1.5 now and only pay 24.95 a month not bad.

foud out i could up to next plan but he suggested i not do it because i woul only pick up .2 to.5 of speed i would not get the full 3.0 to far from someting. and it would have been

a extra 10.00 a month. so over all i am happy with my speeds

cmac

Oh well if you're not getting the full out of it I suppose, but would you have noticed before the speed test? :P Thought of trying many different speed tests to see if the results vary? I'm sure their end counts too, could just be busy.

Guest Silenc3

Well i went to cnet to try theirs also, just wasent happy with the 3.4mbits i got at your link, but the cnet one errored out, heres a screen, this isnt photoshoped cause i can even draw stick men.