Sign in to follow this  
Colt22

Which Mb Is Better

which MB would be better for overclocking....the ASUS P4C800E-Deluxe or the DFI LanParty Pro875 rev.B .........it looks like the P4P had bigger capacitors and more MOSFETS around the CPU socket....but the DFI has heatsinks on the MOSFETS so maby that helps compensate....also it doesent look like the DFI has as many MOSFETS.........anyways i really dont know much about all that so i need some advice there........and as for options in the bios....i think the DFI allows you to lock the PCI/AGB busses......but i dont know...

any opinions welcome

I personally have never tried a DFI Lanparty, but i can tell you from what i heard, the DFI is better than that asus for overclocking.

Well the DFI seems to be takin the lead........so the dfi has better voltage regulation than the asus.....id have thought the asus did a better job because it has more mosfets then the DFI, tho i cant see them on the dfi cuz of the huge heatsinks.......hmm....i guess the dfi is the one im going to get..........any other opinions?

The ASUS has a well known problem with "voltage droop", that is as you ramp up the clock frequencies, the Vcore sags more and more. People do voltage mods to these boards though, and once the droop is fixed, they get very high OC's The DFI is a proven winner out of the box. The Abit IC-7's are good too, but the DFI will probably give the most options.

hmmm.ok.....so definatly the lanparty then....i also really like the color scheme....ittl go well with the big window and the watercooling

ya, i had the ABIT IC7 befor....it was ok....but there were some things i dident like......such as when some settings in the bios went bad, i had to open up the case and reset the jumper to default the cmos.....i know the manual said i could just use the insert key....but that never worked for me......but w/e.....it looks like the DFI is somtin new i could try