Sign in to follow this  
gamer01

I Need Some Help Guys.

Ok, I just got my new case off of Newegg.com. The Aspire Dreamer II (turbo case) and I decided to put all my stuff (mobo and stuff) from my old comp into the new case temporaly till I get my other parts off newegg. Ok so I put it all in, very easy installation, and I plugged it in to make sure it turned on and all my fans worked. They did, ok cool i'm ready to go. So I hook it up to my monitor and turn on the computer. It powers up fine, but nothing comes on the monitor, hmm. So i go back in and find that my HDD isnt working. Ok I turn the comp off and on and it wont come on. So I unplugged my IDE cable from the HDD itself and the HDD started to spin. I plug the IDE cable back in it stays spinning, but nothing comes up on the monitor. I turn the computer off and back on and the HDD doesn't come on till I unplug the IDE cable..... Idk whats wrong. Anybody have some advice? The processor is running and my Cd-rom open and closes all my fans and leds are on. My Temp. LCD gauge in the front is on too. Idk whats wrong. Why wont my HDD boot up when I turn on computer.. :(

Specs:

Old mobo out of a HP Pavalion (about 4 years old)

Maxtor 26.4 gig HDD

128 MB

667mhz Celerion (sp?)

Integrated Video Card

350 PSU

Case: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-144-026&DEPA=0

Edited by gamer01

well, im not quite sure what's wrong. but make sure u plugged the IDE cable in right w/ the red stripe towards the power. Other than that im not sure. sry man. good luck w/ ur problem :)

yah, try a new cable out on it. make sure all leads are plugged in correctly. If you have an extra hd lying around, try it out with that also.

I'm also not too sure if its a good idea to be unplugging your idea cable while its spinning.

Oh, Im not unplugging the IDE cable while the HDD is spinning. When I DO unplug the IDE cable thats when the HDD starts to spin. I also tried a different cable, but that didn't help. I don't have another HDD...except the one in my Ps2, but I dont think that would work. I dont see how it would be my HDD, because it works when I unplug my IDE cable. Weird. :bah:

Btw, when the HDD isnt working nothing will come up on the monitor right? I mean it will stay blank. B/c thats whats wrong with mine...

Edited by gamer01

Even if your hard drive is missing completely you should at least get the POST.

The fact that your fans are spinning and the little lights come on only mean your power supply is sending power to the MOBO and drives. Your HDD not spinning up along with no POST tells me that your MOBO is not actually functioning, rather power is just running through it. The HP's are tricky with the way their front panel connectors are aligned. If I were you I would just put the parts back into the nasty pavilion case for now and wait for your other parts to come in. If you are adament about running in this case though you might try resetting the CMOS and take the time to examine how your front panel connectors are situated, then only have your HDD hooked up and give it a shot then.

If it were me though I would probably stick it back in it's case and be patient.

erm, make sure that the master and slave are set up correctly and swap the connectors/cables around. try unplugging the cd-roms while you boot the hd's too - it works for my old p3! lol.

Ok, I figured out what I did wrong w/ my HDD (cable was hooked up wrong, red wire wasnt close to the power, doh). My monitor still doesn't come on. I took everything out of my new case and hooked it up outside of the case on the table. My HDD, all fans, leds, and Processor comes on (I'm pretty sure its on, cause it was getting hot when I hooked it up to the temp. monitor), but my still my monitor stayed black.

Ok, I hear ya silverfox, what do you mean by the front panel connectors? I geuss I will put it back in the old case to try it. Thx.

Edited by gamer01