3mbps = ~300kbps?

Mad Cow

hello just wantd to say this,

i have Earthlink ISP Broadband,

( I switchd from Road Runner,SAME EXACT THING!!

EXPCEPT INSTEAD OF 59.99 ITS 44.99/Month!)

anyways,

FROM EXPERIENCE USING THIS INTERNET

my average DL speed is 365KB/sec

and UPLD is about 50KB/sec.

However i have UPLD'D that speed and DLD'D at my full DL speed simultaneously

isnt that weird??

when i had DSL awhile ago it uploaded 20KBPS and ate up my whole speed.

anywho this are the results (Which varies ALOT in every new result)

Strange I download faster than you but you scored higher than me. I don't know what it could be or why you can't your internet connection to its fullest. I certainly can. It may be what your downloading. Are your downloading files ranging form 500mb to 1gb alot of times?

*edit* Its really weird but I tested a second time and on the first I got 900kbps on the second I got 1mbps. Maybe your speed is constantly changing. Also ive kept testing now im getting the same 1.015 Mbps speed every time.

Ok, one thing you need to take into account is that the download speed of your cable modem is 3 MegaBITS per second, not 3 megaBYTES. so when you are monitoring a download, it may show 300 kiloBYTES. You have to do a conversion from bits to bytes, and then it makes sense. 300kbps is very fast. I hope that made sense.

• 16 years later...
On 12/9/2004 at 8:03 PM, kendellrt said:

Ok, one thing you need to take into account is that the download speed of your cable modem is 3 MegaBITS per second, not 3 megaBYTES. so when you are monitoring a download, it may show 300 kiloBYTES. You have to do a conversion from bits to bytes, and then it makes sense. 300kbps is very fast. I hope that made sense.

"300kbps is very fast" Lol that hasn't aged well 17 years later.