Damage Plan Shooting

TrendKilleR

If no ones heard, "Dime Bag Darrel", lead gutiarest of Damageplan and Pantera (before they broke up) was shot and killed at a show in Columbus OH. Very said, i cant imagine what his brother feels like....

This is why, law abiding citizans should have the right to bare arms in public places (talking about conseal carry here). Maybe the suspect would have thought twice before following thru with this.

RIP Dime, we'll miss ya

Linkage Linkage

I heard about it on the radio this morning. The shooter was complaining that he broke up Pantera and shot him because of it... Though I wish I had a couple of minutes with that bastard myself, I don't think equipping everyone with guns is the way to go about it. We live in a free society, not one that is intended to instill fear in its people. That's why you need a gun license to carry firearms, and depending on your current situation and reason for needing a gun, you are allowed to carry one when it's appropriate based on the laws of your state.

What happened to that guy is terrible, I feel for his family and fans.

While I'm a gun-rights advocate, it gave me pause when I read your note. I can only imagine what kind of chaos would have ensued had 3 or 4 gun-toting, inebriated fans had started shooting back at the guy. Who knows if they would have shot the actual shooter, or another vigilante in the chaos.

The club should have metal detectors and a no-weapons policy like the ones where I live. I'll bet there'll be a lawsuit coming. There would be if someone I loved was killed that night.

While I'm a gun-rights advocate, it gave me pause when I read your note. I can only imagine what kind of chaos would have ensued had 3 or 4 gun-toting, inebriated fans had started shooting back at the guy. Who knows if they would have shot the actual shooter, or another vigilante in the chaos.

took the words right out of my mouth.

If no ones heard, "Dime Bag Darrel", lead gutiarest of Damageplan and Pantera (before they broke up) was shot and killed at a show in Columbus OH. Very said, i cant imagine what his brother feels like....

This is why, law abiding citizans should have the right to bare arms in public places (talking about conseal carry here). Maybe the suspect would have thought twice before following thru with this.

RIP Dime, we'll miss ya

Linkage Linkage

um...you're saying it should be legal to carry firearms in public?!

Im not saying that half the ppl in joint should be armed. I am simply saying that we live in a scoiety were most ppl think they can get away with anything. If either the security were armed, or Ohio as a state had Conceal carry (maybe they do, not sure) as a legal option, the suspect may have been in a mindset of thinking twice knowing that he might not even get to squeeze the first shot off. It is indeed a free country, everyone is intitled to there rights.

Im sorry i posted my opinion, i didnt want this thread to get jacked

i was reffering to myself as the one jacking it....

BTW i found out OH does have conceal carry. But, firearms are banned from establishments that sell liqour.

If you think everyone having Guns would lead to more shootings your wrong

Heres the results of a study done on crime After that state passed the use of Conceal Carry permits. The permits started to issue in 1995

1. Murder rates decreased overall after 1995. However, there was a marked increase in the murder rates committed by males in the 10-24 age group, probably due to gang violence.

2. Assault rates decreased at an accelerated rate.

3. Rape rates do not appear to be affected by the law.

4. Robbery rates decreased at a greater rate.

5. Crimes against property involving stealth (burglary, larceny, auto theft) did not increase as predicted and do not seem to be affected by the law.

6. The unintentional firearm injury rates decreased despite a 17-fold increase in permit holders, which indicates that responsible individuals carry guns.

7. Assaults and weapons possession in elementary schools show that these schools may be developing into a more hostile environment, while secondary schools do not appear to have changed.

8. Permit revocation reasons shows that permit holders do not use their firearms to commit crime.

Edited by TrendKilleR