Sign in to follow this  
Colt22

Choosing A New Motherboard

ok well, the time has come for me to buy a new MB because i just killed my IC7, its a long story so im not getting into it.......now i need to know what would be a good choice for a new MB. The board DEFINATLY needs to be a monster overclocker, as that is exaclty what im going to be doing with it, also storage is a big concern, but mostly just overclocking and perfomance.........well, i was generaly happy with my IC7 except for a few problems, i dont like how it monitors temperatures, and i dont like how i need to resent a jumper if i make bad settings in to bios and it wont boot...i know the manual says i can use the insert key, but it never works.......anyways....

my prosective boards are another IC7(not the max-3 or G as they are unavailable at the computer location near me), the P4P800E-deluxe or the P4C800E-deluxe......now i really need a nice stable board that will OC nice, but offers good temp readings, and storage soultions, i know the asus boards have this, and i have had a few asus boards in the past(i currently have a P4P800 in another computer)..........so what are everyone suggestions about a new board.....with overclocking in mind........oh and the heatsink on the asus MB...if i were to choose one of them, would i need to maby get an active one, like the IC7(or maby use the IC7 one from my dead mobo) in order to get up to a FSB of around 250....any help is appreciated

DFI 875 Lanparty / Infinity. hands down no question about it.

active cooling is more for looks that use. the little crappy fan on a little crappy heatsink just doesn't cut it for me. give me a BIG passive cooler that can't go bad.

hmmm....ok the DFI LanParty looks like a good choice as well, i especially like the heatsinks on the power regulators for the cpu....if that even helps any.....so anybody else have any siggestions?

DFI 875 Lanparty / Infinity.  hands down no question about it.

active cooling is more for looks that use.  the little crappy fan on a little crappy heatsink just doesn't cut it for me.  give me a BIG passive cooler that can't go bad.

Ditto

i bought one last month, smartest buying decision ive ever made

Edited by TrendKilleR

get an intel, omg they overclock to the m4x0r

btw Im obviously being sarchastic, I love intel boards, BUT you cant OC ythem worth anything.

stable tho