Geforce Fx 5700le

im fairly new to this.when i was reading through the forums on overclocking a video card i noticed numbers like 384/435.what do these mean.what does the 1st set of#'s mean and the second.and one more question is a bfg 5700le a good card to start out with,like i said,im fairly new to this.

thanks much <_<

407227[/snapback]

The BFG 5700LE is an okay start. Not the best, but it's not the worst either. For a few dollars more you could get the 5700 Ultra, which uses GDDR3 memory, more performance. Check out the review on the 5700 Ultra @ www.guru3d.com

The numbers, such as what you said, 384/435 are the clocks. Like when someone says they got their clocks to 384/435, that means they got the core clock, (the video cards processor) up to 385MHz, and the memory up to a clock of 435MHz (870MHz effectively)

(first set of numbers, the core clock frequency. (the second set of numbers, the memory clock frequency)

Effectively means what the card runs at virtually, because it uses DDR ram (double data rate), the frequency is doubled virtually. Where as if the card had SDR ram (single data rate), and the clocks read 200/300, that means the memory clock is 300MHz, that's it. The difference is that SDR can only send out or take in one packet of info at a time. (send out, take in, send out, take in) Where as DDR can send out and take in at the same time. (send out/take in, send out/take in, send out/take in) Which is what makes DDR faster, and what virtually doubles the memory clock.

But the 5700LE does it's job. Believe me, you're talking to a proud owner of a BFG Tech 5700LE. :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1st number is the gpu speed and the 2nd is the memory speed.

NO is is not a good card unless you get it real cheap and then you don't play a lot

of the newer action games.

Get at least a Nivida 6200 series card and a 6600 gt if you can afford it

Or a ATI 9600/9800 pro.

:foldon::foldon:

The BFG 5700LE is an okay start.  Not the best, but it's not the worst either.  For a few dollars more you could get the 5700 Ultra, which uses GDDR3 memory, more performance.  Check out the review on the 5700 Ultra @ www.guru3d.com

The numbers, such as what you said, 384/435 are the clocks.  Like when someone says they got their clocks to 384/435, that means they got the core clock, (the video cards processor) up to 385MHz, and the memory up to a clock of 435MHz (870MHz effectively)

(first set of numbers, the core clock frequency. (the second set of numbers, the memory clock frequency)

Effectively means what the card runs at virtually, because it uses DDR ram (double data rate), the frequency is doubled virtually.  Where as if the card had SDR ram (single data rate), and the clocks read 200/300, that means the memory clock is 300MHz, that's it.  The difference is that SDR can only send out or take in one packet of info at a time. (send out, take in, send out, take in)  Where as DDR can send out and take in at the same time. (send out/take in, send out/take in, send out/take in)  Which is what makes DDR faster, and what virtually doubles the memory clock. 

But the 5700LE does it's job.  Believe me, you're talking to a proud owner of a BFG Tech 5700LE.  :D

407241[/snapback]

thanks for the help guys.like i said im new to this but i play alot of first person shooters mostly BHD.for the card i have which would you reccomend i do for the settings for if i plan to overclock it?,as in something to start of with.

much thanks :)

thanks for the help guys.like i said im new to this but i play alot of first person shooters mostly BHD.for the card i have which would you reccomend i do for the settings for if i plan to overclock it?,as in something to start of with.

much thanks :)

407408[/snapback]

First off, use a modified driver set, such as the nVidia StarStorm 56.72 XQ drivers, optimized for Xtreme Quality. (hence the XQ) Avaliable here. The BFG 5700LE doesn't like any drivers higher than 61.21, doesn't matter if they're modifed or not, it just doesn't like em. But the StarStorm XQ drivers are good.

Then to edit some stuff, head on over to RivaTuner, avaliable here. After you install RivaTuner, and it does it's thing when you first start it, do this...

Where it says Driver Settings, and under that, the drop down bax that says Forceware Deteced, clock the arrow to the right of it, and select Direct3D and Direct Draw settings, the second button. On the first tab, mipmapping, select the LOD bias to -1.5, this adds crispness to the image, and how crisp an image looks depending on how far you are from it, just like af, but different. Then, on the shaders tab, select force 2.0 for both the vertex and pixel shader settings. It really doesn' do much on the FX series, but I have it on anyway. Headover to the Vsync tab and have the prerender limit to 3 or less. The higher the prerender, the more quality you lose, but 3 or below is good.

That's really it. If you don't play Halo or any other games that don't support AA, you can tinker around with the AA settings in the analog display, otherwise leave it as app controled.

Are you asking for proof of my overclock?

407462[/snapback]

No, he wants proof that you can play Doom III @ 1600x1200 with everything on high on your 5700LE with no problems.

I mean look at this performance chart! Doom III @ 1600x1200 on a 5700LE, on medium, can barely get close to 10fps!! 10fps for cryin out loud!!! Unless you consider anything above 5fps playable...

I was just at my friends house yesterday and he has a eVGA nvidia 5700LE and it ran doom 3 beautifully with ultra high graphics and i cant remember the res but it ran nice. Just overclocked it too, i went from 2100 in 3dmark03 to 3100. Dont think thats too bad, not done with it yet.

Dont really know if this card is excactly the same as the geforce but im sure it is similar

First off, use a modified driver set, such as the nVidia StarStorm 56.72 XQ drivers, optimized for Xtreme Quality. (hence the XQ)  Avaliable here.  The BFG 5700LE doesn't like any drivers higher than 61.21, doesn't matter if they're modifed or not, it just doesn't like em.  But the StarStorm XQ drivers are good. 

Then to edit some stuff, head on over to RivaTuner, avaliable here.  After you install RivaTuner, and it does it's thing when you first start it, do this...

Where it says Driver Settings, and under that, the drop down bax that says Forceware Deteced, clock the arrow to the right of it, and select Direct3D and Direct Draw settings, the second button.  On the first tab, mipmapping, select the LOD bias to -1.5, this adds crispness to the image, and how crisp an image looks depending on how far you are from it, just like af, but different.  Then, on the shaders tab, select force 2.0 for both the vertex and pixel shader settings.  It really doesn' do much on the FX series, but I have it on anyway.  Headover to the Vsync tab and have the prerender limit to 3 or less.  The higher the prerender, the more quality you lose, but 3 or below is good. 

That's really it.  If you don't play Halo or any other games that don't support AA, you can tinker around with the AA settings in the analog display, otherwise leave it as app controled.

407440[/snapback]

i downloaded the riva tuner but when it said extract,where do i open it to.and when i extracted the first time,nothing opened up.can you help.thanks

i downloaded the riva tuner but when it said extract,where do i open it to.and when i extracted the first time,nothing opened up.can you help.thanks

408095[/snapback]

After you extract it to whatever folder you set it to, go to that folder and run the exe file. Then go into your start menu and open it from there.