Sign in to follow this  
phatazzmoose

Geforce Fx 5700le

It's not really worth flashing the bios on any of the FX series until the 5900. Mainly because till that model, the FX line is crap. Just keep it the way it is.

lol thats what i think will have to happen. actually a guy i work with told me that it was a decent card...riiiiiight

anyway even OC'd it cant handle very much resolution...

It depends on what game you're playing. Some games like Halo, won't give a . how much you oc your card, it won't budge. Less you put No Vsync on, which sux.

10Gauge

haha well glad my misfortune could help you...

now dont get me wrong its not a TERRIBLE card... it would play halo at around 40-45 fps with medium detail @ 800*600 LOL just depends what you want to use it for...

i've heard that the 5700 ultra is better than the le version... but im not totally sure

if you can... get the 6600GT... IF your budget allows

I used to have a 5700le. I had it at 475/902 with air cooling and I could play Doom 3 at 1600x1200 with high details with no problem. You need overclock to get good performance out of that card. I installed thermaltake ramsinks, put a 80mm fan right below it, and removed the back cover of the closest pci slot to allow airflow.

it's still an le though, and with the money spent on the ram sinks and fan and time consumed.....a 9600pro/xt cant have been much more - :lol:

wow,

is it just me or i made the BEST decision buyin a ti4200??

it is NICE! and soo friggin cheapp,best bang for buck :bah:

Edited by Enyce2k9

heh, i bet my 5500 is better than your 5700le lol. doesnt matter to me because my next nvidia card will be a 6600gt or the 6800 series or if its an ati card, its gonne be the 9600pro or thr 9800 series (pro,xt,aiw-pro,aiw-xt)

EDIT: my card can hit 350core/500 memory with no problems, however i cant overclock it for now due to the fact im using winblows server 2003 now because my xp doesnt work...

I used to have a 5700le. I had it at 475/902 with air cooling and I could play Doom 3 at 1600x1200 with high details with no problem.

after OC'n mine and seeing how bad it still was, i seriously doubt it would run anything on 16*12 let alone doom 3... its an LE

proof?

im fairly new to this.when i was reading through the forums on overclocking a video card i noticed numbers like 384/435.what do these mean.what does the 1st set of#'s mean and the second.and one more question is a bfg 5700le a good card to start out with,like i said,im fairly new to this.

thanks much <_<