Standard O/c I Guess

k1e1v1i1n

With the 1.36b BIOS, a 1.55v vcore with 18% over should give you alot more than 1.7v. With mine, 1.55v and 10% over give me 1.7v.

Are you using SATA drives, and if so...what ports are you using? Do you have the AGP set to 67 or 68?

To boot from a USB key, all you should need to do is load the flashrom program and BIOS onto your key. Go into BIOS and in the first menu, and the very top you will see a option for hard drive order. Go into that and select your USB key. Once you leave BIOS, it should boot to the USB key with a C:\ prompt.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I searched and found a link for the Neo2 BIOS's. Click Here.

I am planning on upgrading my IDE 60GB WD to either one SATA WD 120GB, or two SATA WD 80GB. From what I have read, SATA controllers 1+2 do not lock, so I should use 3+4. Is that right? If so, where did that information come from? I would like to confirm it. Some of you may be able to tell me from real world experience, I guess.

I am burning in right now with the 1.36 beta BIOS. Here are my settings:

HTT @ 3x

250*10

1.55v + 10%

AGP @ 67

RAM set at 166MHz, running @ 208MHz, 2.7v, 3-3-3-8, 1T.

I am running full load with Prime95 and F@H. Load Temp is 53'C on MBM5 & Speed Fan.

Core Center shows a little higher.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Chavalcito:

SATA ports 1&2 definitely do not get locked by the PCI lock. I tried my 2 74GB Raptors on them, and they were toast with little effort. With ports 3&4, I have run up to 305FSB with no problems

Make sure to always keep your AGP freq at 67 or 68MHz. The AGP lock does not work at 66MHz.

k1e1v1i1n:

I'm not sure why you can't get over 1.75v, did you by chance pick up a modded BIOS? There are a few flying around, and most have problems like that.

In any even, 1.75v should be enough volts to get that chip higher. Have you watched your rails under load with a multi? Have you tried with a low RAM divider?

well i am using the 1.36 bios and cant go over 1.75

Mine registers on MBM5 and SpeedFan as 1.62v. Like I said before, I have it set to 1.55v + 10%. I wish someone could just make a board that would actually put out the voltage you set it to!

MBM5 and SpeedFan often report the wrong voltages and temps on the Neo2. I would use CPU-Z to check the voltage, and Nvidia's System utility for the temps. I have found them to be the most accurate software based monitoring tools for the Neo2.

BTW: I need to make a guide for all the Neo2 owners, explaining the quirks and perks I have found with it.

BTW:  I need to make a guide for all the Neo2 owners, explaining the quirks and perks I have found with it.

That would be awesome! I would love to read it. I am using CPU-Z right now, and it is very close to SpeedFan. Only about .01 different. I'll get the nVidia utility.

Oh, and kev, you can't really say you got a bad chip. After all, it is only rated at 2GHz.