What Should I Get?

Im currently in the process of upgrading my computer

Going to:

Athlon 64 3000+ Socket939

MSI Neo2 Platinum

Radeon 9800 Pro

160 Gig 7200RPM Harddrive

Thermaltake 420watt PSU

1gig or 512Mb PC3200 (Dunno brand yet) RAM -- will be 1 gig eventually...main thing this topic is about

I want to get myself the gig of ram BUT I cant do it right when I first build the computer otherwise I cant get myself the 9800Pro...

Out of these choices for the specs above what would you consider the best setup(chose these for price -- anything below 150$ would work fine if you have a suggestion)

Kingston 512MB PC3200

Crucial Ballistix 512MB PC3200

Kingston ValueRAM 1Gig Kit (2x512) PC3200

Mushkin 512Mb PC3200

Note that eventually I will get a gig of whatever is listed but as I do not have enough money now I will want something that will run smoothly for about a month til I get the money...AND that the cheaper the better as long as it is good,stable, etc.

Thanks for help

Edited by Nedlinin

Get the RAM now. Suffer with whatever vid card you have for a month or two, then get a vid card for even cheaper after Xmas.

got a Geforce 4 MX 440 64megs...

does that still stand?

Edited by Nedlinin

Well I just bought me some PQI PC3500 1gb (512x2) for 184$. lol they sent me PC4400 instead so i'm really happy because I just got better ram for like 100$'s cheaper but even the 3500 is good and at a good price.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-141-144&depa=1

:bah: bit new at this but doesnt the MSI Neo2 Platinum only support up to PC3200?

It only supports the stock speed of 3200. If you get 3500, it will run at the lower speed, until u OC that is :) THen you get the benifit of headroom without worrying about it being unstable. THe only thing is at the lower speeds you need to adjust timings to get the most out of it.

It only supports the stock speed of 3200.  If you get 3500, it will run at the lower speed, until u OC that is :) THen you get the benifit of headroom without worrying about it being unstable.  THe only thing is at the lower speeds you need to adjust timings to get the most out of it.

:withstupid:

:-p wanta link me a good guide :)

Also is PQI any good?

Edited by Nedlinin

PQI is a good overclocker, as well as Patriot.  They are fairly cheap too.

so I wouldnt need to be too scared about getting a faulty stick etc?

or would you still recommend the PC3200 Kingston or Corsair?

Also what do you all think about just getting the Kingston ValueRAM kit? Itll be within my price range but would it botteneck the rest of the system?

Edited by Nedlinin