The Msi Neo2 Platinum

If you plan on sticking with a AGP board the NEO2 is hard to beat, and price wise it is at the top. If you are wanting a PCI-E card like me, then you will likely need to wait for the nForce4 boards, but they won't significantly shift prices. Plus there is a little scare as to if PCI-E will be sticking around...

It's just what I've been reading lately, because of the slow adaptaion, and negligable performance increase. However, I don't see what other option there will be. AGP can't stick around forever. If anyone had some news on this, hard news that is, I'd love to see it. Also I heard today that Intel is already testing their new chipset that will be DDR-3 based because of problims with DDR-2, however this also sounds unlikely because Prescott can't handle DDR-2 yet... sheeesh I hate this industry

It's just what I've been reading lately, because of the slow adaptaion, and negligable performance increase. However, I don't see what other option there will be. AGP can't stick around forever. If anyone had some news on this, hard news that is, I'd love to see it. Also I heard today that Intel is already testing their new chipset that will be DDR-3 based because of problims with DDR-2, however this also sounds unlikely because Prescott can't handle DDR-2 yet... sheeesh I hate this industry

yeah, there's really no other option. yes, the performance increase in negligible, but I think what will keep pci-e around (until a performance increase IS significant) for now is the ability to SLI, which is physically impossible for AGP boards.

i'd have to agree on pci-e sticking around because of sli. seems to be popular. im not too excited about it like some ppl, probably because i don't have the money to squander on two top of the line video cards. and i'd have to also agree about hating the computer industry... everything just moves way too fast... ddr3!? mannn...