Cooler Master Jet 4, Cpu, And Temp Probs

CoolMaster

Ok many questions to be answered here ahha ok here I go

I have a 2.8 Celeron (PLZ DONT KILL ME) hey but it works fine, ANYWAYS, it has a prescott core SO like it heats up more than normal. Ok I did a stress test on my comp, max temp it got to was 44c, but this was according to my "Intel Desktop Control Center" which I of course Downloaded from intel, right now with it on it's idling at 37-38C, and my Zone 1 temp is 28c, and my zone 2 is 33-34C(according to desktop control center)(but they tend to stay the same on bios too)

So my questions are Is 44C on the stress test (i ran it for 2 min btw) like good? or is that too hot,

And like if I go to the bios, after restarting and stuff, it'll say my temps idling at 45 C instead of 38C

so that would mean my max temp during stress test was about 51-52c! IS that too hot? and Are my Zone 1 and Zone 2 temps to hot too?

So Which do I believe, my bios reading or my Intel Control Center Reading, and if I believe my bios what should I do? cause isn't that kinda hot

BTW I have a coolermaster jet 4 turned up all the way, it's made for pentium 4 3.2 ghz and up, it seems to work good I like it, but if anyone has a better suggestion, plz tell me lol

download mobo monitor 5 (MBM5) that might help you get decent (edit:accurate) temps. bios is not always good

i have the Coolermaster Aerolite 4 (same as urs?) and it runs at medium level ie, not audible above the entire system, and keeps by P4 2.53 Northwood at 46 under full load. i can get it down to 38 full load when fan is at max.

Most people run their stress tests overnight to test true stability. In fact, the "rule of thumb" I've seen around here is a 24hr stress test to make absolutely sure you're stable. Thus... a 30min stress test is perfectly fine. And they're right, a 2min test will not tell you anything. 2min is not enough time to get your cpu real hot, and it's definately not enough time to get your ambient air in the case warm, which is where you'll see your true stress temps.

yeah im running it right now

hey where can I get a chart showing like the normal CPU temps for like processors are

Ive seen it somewhere, anyone know where I can get one,

---and what is a good stress test program

right now my max temp has been at 49c-i hope thats not too hot

Most people run their stress tests overnight to test true stability. In fact, the "rule of thumb" I've seen around here is a 24hr stress test to make absolutely sure you're stable.

Heck, when I overclocked my system to about 2.9Ghz, I left it on for a week straight!

It failed at the end of the week when Prime95 finally returned a massive error and I BSOD'ed...but the key thing is to really see if you've got a stable system. And a week is more than enough time to make sure you're okay.