Music Volume

Goran

I dual boot winxp and linux. On linux I can turn my volume up REALLY LOUD! But when I go into windows it sonly like half of what linux volume can go up to. Is there any program to fix that? I turn up everything in Volume Controls but its still very low compared to Linux. And how come linux can go so much louder! I want nearly the same/same or better volume in windows! Any help?

Just like almost everything else in Windows, there are 372 places to make configuration changes if you wanna tweak something...

There's more than just the "little yellow speaker" to increase the volume; have you tried maxing out the wav volume also? Is the speaker config set to desktop speakers (instead of monitor or laptop)? Do you have any "sound boost" available from the control panel?

If you have an app installed by the mfgr (Sound Blaster?), there may be additional apps to change your sound settings too.

Yea these speakers came with the pc. They are nothing to gawk at... I didnt have any special programs to change anything volume wise except volume controls.... I am using Winamp to play music.. What else would I play? And yes the sound is turned up all the way in winamp!

have you tried maxing out the wav volume also

Where do I do that? If its under volume controls then yes I have...

Is the speaker config set to desktop speakers (instead of monitor or laptop)?

Again where do I see this?

Do you have any "sound boost" available from the control panel?

What control panel? And I'm pretty sure I dont!

I dont have any apps installed

Man... how loud do u want ur speakers..... i have mine at about 1/4 of max and that's loud enoough for me. When i get to 3/4 it starts to hurt my ears.... u should get ur hearing chaecked out :P . And what speakers do u have, maybe u should buy a new set.

Edited by jonnoyeo111

Man... how loud do u want ur speakers..... i have mine at about 1/4 of max and that's loud enoough for me. When i get to 3/4 it starts to hurt my ears.... u should get ur hearing chaecked out :P . And what speakers do u have, maybe u should buy a new set.

i agree

most of the options they are talking about are in the sounds and multimedia control panel under the Windows Control Panel

I looked there! Nothing helped. And as for loudness these speakers are total .. So the curent max they reach on windows can almost just barely be heard 2 rooms away. Trust me I am not trying to blow my windows out!

smells like software to me. in your control panel, the sound option has various sound options. make sure master/main are maxed and that wave is maxed too. then check your media player, or perhaps try another? if another is nice and loud, then whatever you were using is to blame. also make sure that there are no special sound affects turned on in your sound card config

I used XMMS on linux and Winamp on windows. xmms is like an exact copy of winamp but its made for linux... All the winamp skins work for xmms and whatnot. Its just when I use Kmix (i think thats the name) to change my volume it can go really effing high. But in windows its like half as loud :( I tried WMP just for the hell of it and same loudness