Stars?!?

GDubb56

Just tells how many post somone has. Myself I don t pay attion to the stars because you don t know if it is from spamming or real helpful posts.

Yeah, its basicly so you know how many post you have. Thats really its only use, it helps pointing out noobs though. But i really dont think anyone "judges" people based on how many stars one has, do they? <_<

Edit: some like lego look at it as what he called a 'l337-o-meter' i look it as how little of a life the person has.. lol ;) and i am getting up there... :blink:

Basically, Folding@Home (F@H for short) is a program which uses computers around the world to help cure diseases. It virtually breaks down proteins to see how they assemble themselves (also known in the medical field as folding). When your computer finishes processing a protein, the results are sent to the geniuses at Stanford University to analyze. They hope this "assistance" from the online community will help cure things like Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, and Parkinson's disease.

The OCC is proud to hold the 28th spot (soon to be 27th) in the world for supporting this research with more computers processing these proteins every day. For each submission your computer makes, you get points that show how much hard work your computer did to help fight against disease. When you start folding for a little while, a few new sections are unlocked to you on the OCC forums and you get a cool little swirly DNA strand thingy near your name on the left side (like me ;) ).

All you have to do is download the F@H application from here and let it run, simple as that. It doesn't interfere with anything you're doing on your computer while it's running and only uses processing power that is free (and otherwise wasted) in the system. You can add as many computers as you want to help fight the good fight in your name and send in more results at a time. Just follow the directions in the link below, put in your username ( *Predator* ) when it asks for it in the installer, and :foldon:;)

http://www.overclockersclub.com/folding.php

Welcome to the team :)