Running 24/7

BiPolar

Not necessarily, you might want to invest in one of those laptop coolers, that would help with any heat issues. But I think that if a laptop gets too hot, it will underclock the cpu therefore not risking damage to the cpu.

• 3 weeks later...

1005% is high! lol, if you dont move it anymore, IE just a folding rig, then take it apart and lay it out to help cool down. If you still use it as a laptop, then look into coolers.

havent shut mine off in a year or so, it has run down the battery once or twice when power went out of whatever, but it goes into standby when it gets too low, so it never actually has been turned off as far back as i can remember.....oh yes, a few times when getting on an airplane.....thats it

of course, this is a Panasonic Toughbook, and theyre built to military specs, so no worry here, check out the videos there about how it gets tested, pretty hardcore stuff

it's a latitude d800...any way for me to check the temps? I tried using aida32, but i have a feeling dell doesn't put sensors in.

I have a Dell Lattitude D800 that folds 24/7 - even during my commute to and from work! The only time it's off is when I get on an airplane which is twice a week. It helps to keep the lid open though.