Corsair Value Select

Monkey Me

So far my 3200 Value Ram has worked great for me. I'm not pushing my system to the limits but it provides a decent OC thats more than agreeable with my goals I had set for the computer.

I'm thinking you might have just had some bad luck. It can happen on any hardware.

I use the value mushkin, corsair, stuff with no name that I saw on it on my cheap as I can build folding machines but when it comes to my high dollar machines i have had very good luck with OCZ the gold ones, a matched pair and low latency PC4200 low case 2.5-4-4-7 is whats in my 3.2EE and a 3.4C Northwood. I want to try the PC4400 or better it was not out when I built my better rigs, no telling what will be out when I build another high dollar machine but I will get the fastest when I decide to build my next good rig.

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner

The problem with "named" value ram is that they go to a lot of bother grading their chips and sorting the better ones into the higher grade / price sticks, so you are sort of guaranteed it is crappy when you buy their value products, whereas if you buy generic sticks and you are lucky you may get a bargain, I have got a 512mb stick of pc3200 made by Elixar(?) that runs cas 2.5 at pc3700 rate with no problem, had it been on the Crucial assembly line it would have been picked out and branded as pc3700 low latency with a fancy heatspreader and price to suit. So when buying value stuff I always get no-name and take the crapshoot rather than buy named and a pretty much solid guarantee it's no good for clocking. Stands to reason really.

Corsair Value Select

Mine works great, haven't had any memory errors. I've also Oc'd up to 2520mhz on my Athlon XP 2500+ at a 5:4 divider... It was stable but I was running hot and at 1.9(3?) volts I needed to back down. I dont remember the exact settings though, so don't ask :P.

Chances are you can find lower priced RAM that has the same modules as the higher priced Corsair, which mostly uses Samsung modules, or Kingston that uses Winbond. You have to know what you are looking for though.