Idiot Of The Day

Some_Guy_

So this guy comes into the store and pokes around at the cable/gender changer area for a while, and brings up a DB-25M to DB-9F serial adapter, and an old-school CGA 9-pin to VGA 15-pin.

Turns out his monitor wasn't coming out of standby (no video signal) so he was going to try connecting his monitor to his parallel port.

is it even possible to plug a VGA cord into a parralell port?

Yeah, he almost could have done it with the stuff he had. With a DB-25m/DB-25m gender changer it physically would have connected, but he'd end up with a blown monitor/parallel port/motherboard.

We had to get him out of the store before we all burst out laughing.

well wait a second, sometimes that works, cause yeah my Uncle told me that I could just go down to my local computer shop and buy more buffer for my cdrw since I'm getting buffer underrun errors.

Of course I'm being sarcastic, but I did have a customer ask me where he could buy more buffer. Took a lot not to laugh at him.

So this guy comes into the store and pokes around at the cable/gender changer area for a while, and brings up a DB-25M to DB-9F serial adapter, and an old-school CGA 9-pin to VGA 15-pin.

Turns out his monitor wasn't coming out of standby (no video signal) so he was going to try connecting his monitor to his parallel port.

lol this thread looks SOO geeky when your half asleep.

"so then he asks me for a male 250xyz adapter to connect it a zyx532 cable for his hard drive to that he was trying to connect to his 103gcq port... lol what a n00bl3t huh?"

lol this thread looks SOO geeky when your half asleep.

"so then he asks me for a male 250xyz adapter to connect it a zyx532 cable for his hard drive to that he was trying to connect to his 103gcq port... lol what a n00bl3t huh?"

:withstupid: rofl :lol:

Thats kinda funny, but then again I wouldnt expect people that arnt into it to know all about it.