Dust, And Grit And What The Hell.

Ste

or if your REALLY lazy you can take the cdroms out and the hard drives and throw the whole thing in the dishwasher ^_^ - ive done this with vcr's and sterio systems and as long as they are completely dried off before you plug them in then it will work - ^_^ - not reccomended for n00bs - no offence heh

or if your REALLY lazy you can take the cdroms out and the hard drives and throw the whole thing in the dishwasher ^_^ - ive done this with vcr's and sterio systems and as long as they are completely dried off before you plug them in then it will work - ^_^ - not reccomended for n00bs - no offence heh

er...dishwashers use concentrated salt....which....kinda ruins componentry, but feel free to give a go :lol:

still, the idea of my pc near a spec of water....no thanks!

plus, pushing grit across components is a bit risky esp at high pressure with water.

which is why you should sponge your car down before hosing it - dont wanna scratch it. also, some bits may be crappy mild steel and not stainless...this = rust! eeewww

which is why you should sponge your car down before hosing it - dont wanna scratch it. also, some bits may be crappy mild steel and not stainless...this = rust! eeewww

meh...i drive a chevy blazer...i just bring that thing and go through one of them automatic car washes....that gets all the mud and dirt and dust and crap right off nice and good...plus it makes it nice and shiny....any ways....i found a good air compressor with plenty of psi works great to clear out a comp

Edited by RimX

Take it out the drives, then take the system out side and blast it with your garden hose till the water coming out of it is perfectly clear. Then let it DRY.

Seriously, this works.

Water will not hurt electronics that are not powered up (even then it might not, but don't try it).

This is not only the easiest way, it is the BEST way. It will get your computer the cleanest, in the least amount of time, with the least amount of risk.

Edited by oralpain