Dust, And Grit And What The Hell.

Ste

So i opened my case just to know how to do it, and theres so much dust and cob webs and dirt and everything, is there a safe way to clean this, I don't wanna get shocked or anything or currupt something so what are some good recomendations for us newbies...

Well turn off your computer and unplug it to start with!!

Then you can go pokin around in there as much as you like (just don't bust anything). Use a hand-vaccum or paper towel or something to dust all the easy to get to places, and then you can use a can of compressed air or something to blow out all the hard-to-reach places (i.e. inside your heatsink, inside the power supply, fans, etc...).

Ok, do I need to wear plastic gloves or anything, to prevent shock, Im not even sure where the RAM "area" is, thought i only opened it for a split second, and yes it was off and every thing discconnected. :)

Ok, do I need to wear plastic gloves or anything, to prevent shock, Im not even sure where the RAM "area" is, thought i only opened it for a split second, and yes it was off and every thing discconnected. :)

You won't get shocked if its unpluged and off.

I personally would say to just stick with a can of compressed air. Depending on the vaccum, you can have a static build-up (definitely not a good thing), and paper towel can leave lint if unchecked.

Take your system somewhere to dust out, grab the can, and make sure to point that nozzle towards the fins of the heatsink, the innards of the pci, agp (unless used), and ram slots, and over the fan blades... You should be fine ;)

EDIT: BTW Ste, here's the locations to spray on the motherboard. It's not drawn exactly how yours will look (I'm not a friggin Van Gogh) but most likely these are the locations ;)