New Heatsink

RimX

Yell...well I neeed a new heatsick for my P4, yes I'm gonna be ocing it.. right now its at 2.0...but i wanna push it...so to do that I need a really good heatsink...i want to go air for now only cuz i dont gots the $$ to do water. Thanks for any recommendationds u can give me

oh...so do you guys really recommend it?? I dont wanna spend money on a heatsink and find i could have gotten one much better...dont take it that I think you are lying, i'm just asking if there are any ones you would recommend better

Edited by RimX

oh...so do you guys really recommend it??

I bought a SI-97 and i'm still amazed at the MBM readings every time i start my rig compared to the ones i had with a 1 pounder copper HS, that thermalright line is really something ;)

EDIT : this is what i had before and managed a 9

Edited by kobalt

lol he cant use the SI-97 cos its only for Socket A..

I thought copper made a better heatsink than aluminum did??

yes they do but copper is also heavier..sooo basically you can make a really big surface area heat sink using aluminium and yet be lighter than their copper counterparts..but those XP-90, SI-97 and XP-120, they are not entirely aluminium..their base are still copper with nickel plated :) best heat sink money can buy is either the Xp-120 or Xp-90 for you..if you cant use XP-120 due to mobo compatibility, then the xp-90 would do you good :) or if you really want to stick to good old copper..get the MCX-478V hehehe 1/2 inch thick copper base :P

Edited by slayer2cool

Well i am planning on getting a new MoBo...i'm thinking of the MSI 865PE Neo2 Platnum...which do you recommend for that...i say it on the list for the XP-120 saying that u would haave to bend the caps...would you recommend do ing that??