2x512mb Crucial Pc2100 W/ A64

planning on building a new system when nforce4 becomes available. thing is i want to spend my money in parts. the first part is getting the cpu/mobo/vid card, the essentials, and swap those for what i have now. so i would get memory later on down the line. don't wanna spend too much at once. im a poor college student after all. question is, will keeping my pc2100 ram in my new a64/nforce4/6600gt system totally limit my system sooo bad that i can't stand it for a couple months? see sig for specifics.

No, that ram would work fine for as long as you need it to. You'll have to use a memory divider to keep the speeds down to spec, but the fact that it's dual channel will compensate for the lower speeds. I'd expect a 939 running pc2100 dual channel to roughly equal the bandwidth of a 754 running pc3200 single channel...and as we've seen, there is hardly any real performance difference between the two.