Pc3200oc Or Pc4000

lookin to get some crucial ballistix sometime after i build my new computer, but i was wondering... what would be a better decision to get the pc4000 or go with the pc3200 and oc to pc4000 speeds? are the pc4000 able to surpass the max oc of the pc3200? i think i saw somewhere that the pc3200 can get up to pc4000 speeds with tighter timings than the stock pc4000. whats the deal with that? decisions, decisions...

Whats your FSB? And i don't think you will be able to OC 3200 to 4000 speeds, unless you put extreme voltages through it, which i wouldn't recommend. Why would you need PC4000 anyway, is your FSB that high?

I like my OCZ PC4200 EL (2.5 cas at 267). I wouldn't get pc3200 just to try and OC it to 4000 speeds when there's already better RAM for sale. That sounds like a formula for unhappiness on your end if it doesn't work... unless it's a LOT cheaper to get the pc3200.

im not kidding at all. @ anandtech they used the tccd chips and got to 290-295 or so...

yes those chips OC very well, but you have to remember those kind of OC's come under special condition cooling, etc. and not all chips are the same getting that PC3200 you are taking the risk of getting some that doesn't OC as well as the others and then your shot dead in the water.....If this is going in an A64 system then i'd suggest Ballistix PC4000, or OCZ PC4000 or OCZ PC4200.

my fsb right now is 266, but it will soon be 400 when i get my a64 and mobo. i thought i read that the pc3200 ballistix could get up to 250x2 thru oc, which is pc4000 speeds, am i right? pc4000 runs at 500. i was debating between the ocz plat rev2 or the ballistixs' but i think i read from anandtech that the ocz's don't oc as well on an amd compared to the intel. but it seems here that the ocz tccd chips oc just as well on an a64. so as a general rule i should get the highest rated ram speed? so i should go with the pc4000s then?