Voltage Question About 939 Fx-53

cmax

I cant find anywhere online that shows safe voltages or anything. I can run stable enough to bench at 2.75ghz @1.6 on air but any higher clocks and it wont post. I would increase the vcore more but im not sure whats safe. Im getting phase change it a week or 2 and im also kinda curious as to how much that will allow me to use the over the top oc method of slapping the vcore to it and clocking away. Anyway just a few simple questions....nothing you vets cant help me with. thanx.

Edited by cmax

AMD says you can go up to 1.7V even with just air cooling. I run ~1.65V on my 3000+ on air, and my temps are great. With PS cooling, you can basically put as much voltage as the board will allow. Though the A64's don't respond well after a certain point...you'll just hit a wall and no more voltage will help.

There are alot of people (mostly the orb pros) getting 3+ and even up to 3.5 or so. Sure they use cascades but when a vapo is still below 0 there really isnt a big difference. I was checking out an orb score the other day that was @3.45 and only using 1.75 vcore. I know that at least some 939 fx-53's will get to 3.5 but as you and i know every chip isnt the same. Since the vapo costs an arm and a leg id be dissapointed with anything less than 3.15 or 3.2

I dont wanna run it 24/7 stable. If it will ring off a bench or 2 at 3.2+ then thats all i want. I figure if i work at it i can hit 3.2 just maybe not stable. I hit 2.8 on air last night so surely a vapo will give me more than 300mhz. If you seriously think it wont then i doubt i'll get one. That would be more than $2 per mhz.

I'm just looking at the facts and what others have gotten. Most of the guys you see getting 3.2GHz+ on a FX-53 have cherry picked units that came off the line days before the FX-55 started.

A regular Vapo is cold, but the FX line of chips produce alot of heat. You would need a system capable of -50C under load to stand a chance, and a Vapo or Mach can't give you that. Lower temps make a big difference, thats why the single stage cascade guys are able to beat up on the regular Vapo user.