Thermal Sensors

CompXT

I just got my Aerocool Gatewatch in today and I put the VGA Probe on top of the HS. During gameplay it's reading anywhere between 45-55C. I put the CPU Probe on the base of the HS (or as close as I could get it) and the highest it's got so far is 47C. Is there a better mounting point for these things? I'm just trying to get a more accurate reading.

best place for a probe is either under the chip, obviously not possibly on a vid card... i think i'd try to get it in right beside the GPU so it's sandwhiched between the hs and card... close to the chip as possible without thermal interference

Edited by IUMaestro

I have to settle with the gatewatch for now because all the monitoring programs work with my motherboard. I think my video card is hanging on for it's dear life right now. I was playing America's Army last night and it hit 51C. The Probe is placed on top other hs next to the fan. I took the OC off and returned it to stock but that didn't drop the temps any. I was thinking about getting an ATI Silencer but I'm worried it wont fit because of where my IDE connections are located and also the fact that my mobo is upside down.