Legalizing Marijuana

Cyberfury

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they should lower the drinking age in the US to 18...It works well in Britain and we don't get many DUI's...By the time you turn 18, you're already partied out and don't wanna drink as much and it's downhill from there.

But yeah, marujuana shouldn't be legalised...I bet the people with chronic pain are just making it up that the weed helps them. I mean, has it even been proven? :huh:

true cyber, but it is widely known that the addiction to alcohol isn't as intense as narcotics... Also, the withdrawl symptoms pale in comparison...

BTW, that's why there is an age limit of 21 (when people are considered of sound mind to make a well judged decision, in this case, on how much to drink) here in the US ;)

thier are no with drawl symptoms from weed except maybe being an a hole to the people around u,kinda like quiting smokeing cigarettes. i smoked mariwhana(spelling?) on a daily basis for close to 10 years.and when i say daily i meen 4-6 jionts a day and when i had to quit thier was no withdrawl at all,none, i just stoppped. now with booze thiers an extrememly serios withdrawl period in wich u will have halucinations,vomit,shake uncontrolably. its not a deadly withdrawl mind u but it is still serios. alchohol is much much much much worse than weed will ever be.

Like it or not, the legalization of marijuana looks to be more promising as every day passes. Most recently Alaska narrowly voted to keep it illegal, however I'd give it twenty years. It's interesting to look back through the history of the drug and see the transition of propaghanda about it. It went from "weed kills you" to "weed makes you kill people" and over a long transition it has just become "weed can make you do some stupid things". I'm sure that anyone who has tried weed and alcohol can attest that when under the influence of alcohol an individual is much more inclined to do something stupid. The laws in CA against weed are so loose it may as well be legal. It's a $100 fine for posessing less than an ounce. My roommate is a drug dealer and also is in the process of getting a medical license. He was hit by a car a year ago and has a metal plate in his leg. He swears by his life that when he smokes it relieves the pain.

A study in Canada shows that only 8 percent of the population supports legal action against marijuana. Source: http://www.mapinc.org/norml/v04/n1675/a03.htm?134

Weed isn't a narcotic. Narcotics are opiates : morphine, heroin, codeine. You get seriously hooked on narcotics cause of the pain releving sensation. Weed is a depressent, and not a very strong drug. It doesn't cause addictions in the way alcohol, nicotine, or heroin can.

:withstupid: i think I'm far more addicted to my computer then i could ever be to weed.

While marijuana does have some addictive qualities, it is not even close in comparison to other narcotics/opiates. Yes, some people do have a severe withdrawal when stopping, but the majority does not. It is even likely that caffeine withdrawal affects more people that marijuana withdrawal.

In terms of legalization, I am a believer in decriminilization and legalization. Definitely for medical purposes (and yes, it has been proven to help in some cases). It is definitely useful as an anti-nauseal drug, and who is to say that while marijuana is not a good drug to prescribe while other drugs that do the same thing are 'safe'? I am not saying that all drugs should be legalized, but for some, it would definitely help. Whether it is in tax revenues, or removing the dealers from the streets, legalization could be a boon to our economy.

I wrote a paper about "Legalizing Marijuana for Legal Reasons" sophmore year of High School. I myself have never smoked, I am 16 so I have awhile to go to save never in my life. My stance is that if people want to smoke it, they will. Legal or not. For medical reasons it should be legal. The United States doesnt make the penalitites for having it or selling it harsh enough to make people REALLY scared to have it/smoke it.

It is definitely useful as an anti-nauseal drug, and who is to say that while marijuana is not a good drug to prescribe while other drugs that do the same thing are 'safe'? I am not saying that all drugs should be legalized, but for some, it would definitely help. Whether it is in tax revenues, or removing the dealers from the streets, legalization could be a boon to our economy.

yeah it was really funny when my grandma had cancer and was doing chemotherapy (that's not funny at all) and was all nauseated so we had her smoke some weed and she felt all better. good enough to go some food and get a little nutrition. she is ok nowl her cancer is gone.