Legalizing Marijuana

Cyberfury

Legalize the bloody stuff for everybody and then tax the hell out of it! You'll save money in trying to arrest all those 'evil' potheads, PLUS you'll have a whole new source of tax income!!! PLUSPLUS then I don't have to talk to the creepy guy in the apartment next to me for my special oregano!!!!

P.S. I live in Canada where we are already decriminalizing it, and on our way to legalizing it!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i agree, i dont think it makes much of a difference, those who want it get it, none the less it might cause an increase but if you can control the tlc in them then it puts dealers out of business. I personally dont smoke, use to every now and then but i have seen disasterous effects of it people going mad after long term heavy use.

Here in NY, if you are caught smoking weed, (not having enough to be considered selling it, mind you), all you get is a see-summons... Not even taken to a holding cell...

I personally am against the stuff as it causes so many car accidents (pin jobs can be nasty), dumb stunts (that kill or seriously cripple people), and big fights (riots are not fun, I'm not just saying so) that it just isn't worth starting everyone on an addiction to which there is no useful purpose... Wanna mellow out? Watch some TV, get some pizza, and spread out on the couch <_<

I personally am against the stuff as it causes so many car accidents (pin jobs can be nasty), dumb stunts (that kill or seriously cripple people), and big fights (riots are not fun, I'm not just saying so) that it just isn't worth starting everyone on an addiction to which there is no useful purpose...

So we should ban booze then? Booze causes more accidents/riots/fights than weed ever will.

true cyber, but it is widely known that the addiction to alcohol isn't as intense as narcotics... Also, the withdrawl symptoms pale in comparison...

BTW, that's why there is an age limit of 21 (when people are considered of sound mind to make a well judged decision, in this case, on how much to drink) here in the US ;)

true cyber, but it is widely known that the addiction to alcohol isn't as intense as narcotics... Also, the withdrawl symptoms pale in comparison...

Better to be hooked on pot than cigarettes in my opinion! I like the smell a lot better, AND secondhand pot smoke has such wonderful benefits!

Weed isn't a narcotic. Narcotics are opiates : morphine, heroin, codeine. You get seriously hooked on narcotics cause of the pain releving sensation. Weed is a depressent, and not a very strong drug. It doesn't cause addictions in the way alcohol, nicotine, or heroin can.

In incredibly rare cases weed can be physically addictive, but I can almost bet you that any addiction you have ever heard of was psychological. You can just as easily become addicted to chocolate. Hell, the real cause of many of these potheads going stupid is the butane that they're inhaling when they light their piece/bong/whatever.

cyber, I'm against cigarettes more than marijuana... What possible use a person can derive from them is beyond me... I know it is supposed to help you relax but if people didn't start smoking they wouldn't be as stressed to begin with methinks... Also, there are A LOT more chemicals you don't wanna play with in cigarettes...

Dasterdly, to clarify, weed is basically under the same jurisdiction in terms of usage of an illegal substance... So it's my mistake if you wanna be literal. But just for clarification:

http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/we...1&word=narcotic