The Mormon Trail

Propane

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might wanna take a lookie at the changes I have made in the above zip and merge them into .2 or something. It gets rid of the recursive calls, which I think would eventually cause your program to encounter a 'stack overflow' and fixes the issues with input, as far as I am aware.

I dont see what you mean with the recursion...

but if you want to change it all again, feel free :-P

I am yet to get to looking at your changes... I had to unzip and change the extension which I thought I could wait on for a hour or so...

Recursion... when you call, say, getNextMove() inside getNextMove(). Not such a good idea, because you'll end up filling up the stack with return addresses (I think) .. something along those lines.

I'm in the process of making the changes again. May I ask.. what's the deal with the pointers? :) Looks to me like you may aswell have them plain int's as you're only ever reading/writing the value.

That's alrighty then :)

Well, I have this so far (see attached). I think it's only missing... the pause before exit. gets isn't working unless I specify NULL for the input buffer (in which case it errors because it's trying to stick characters into a null pointer.. JOY!). I'm working on that one though. I also changed the pointer so it's a plain old int.