Windows 64_bit Os

trusman

This may sound silly but I'm curious,if I'm not running a server network,just a simple home set-up (cable modem to NIC card to connect my cable service..Can the trial version of Windows connect to the internet..I'm using a 3COM 3C-905TX Ethernet Card that only works well with 32-bit windows os,64-bit can't find it..Does anyone know where I can purchase a NIC Card that has 64-bit properties and drivers..I would like to continue to experiment with 64-bit OS but if I can't connect to internet ,It's wasting my time..I don't write program code,just a novice with software..

What difference would it make? Athlon 64 bit processors are the x86-64 instruction set on top of the x86 instruction set, so it shouldn't give you any troubles with 32 bit stuff. But go ahead and try it. But because it's Windows in beta(*shudders*), I doubt itl'll work too well.

um kb, he was refering to win64 when he said his mic didnt work, and mirc kept crashing, that is why he bought winxp pro....... I dont think win64 is stable enough to run day to day programs, so I really dont trust it. I dont want to have to reformat and lose information just because I'm trying something that is not stable yet.

If you've had experience with other M$ products, you would know well that one in beta would be deadly.

And Bryon, he said that he just went out and bought Windows XP because of things like that. The starter of the thread said that he wanted to continue experimenting with 64 bit OS's. Windows XP is 32 bit. You do the math here.