Cooler Or Quieter?

kurosen

What would you rather have?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you rather have?

• A cooler PC
    • A quieter PC

Hey guys, simple question... I have an 80mm fan mounted on my side window directly over the HSF but have the air flowing outside the case as it reduces the noise to barely a whisper (even though I have a load of fans in the case), however when I have the fan blowing air to the HSF it is a good amount louder but I drop about 3-5C lower... What do you all prefer?

Well, seing as i currently have 3 tornadoes running 1 foot away from me and it does not bother me, i would have to say a cooler PC is a happier PC hehe.

P.S. Bishop 245, i still cry at night because you called me deaf... That hurt my feelings hehe ;)

The problem for me is, my rig is in the same room I sleep in and I'd rather not hear a dull droning sound for 8 hours straight in a sub-concious state :rolleyes:

Maybe WCing is the way to go... Do any of the pieces in a WC system make a lot of noise if any at all?

i used to like complete silence and complete darkness to be able to go to sleep...

now i sleep to the gentle drone of fans, and the soft blue light of leds lighting up my room, the loudest fan i have is a 120mm Panaflo - it's only like 38dB so not anything to start crying about...

(haha, try and count the number of leds you have in your room... man it's like some sort of city at night picture in my room! :lol:)

my next rig's gonna have a Tornado brought under control by a Vantec Nexus fan controller... i'll see how that goes... thing is, my rigs run full load all the time (folding :foldon:) so i don't really have chance to turn them down... hmmm

i'm glad i went for reasonably quiet/loud fans... i may live to regret ordering a tornado... i'm hoping the airflow:noise ratio is a linear relation and that if i half the 56dB or whatever it is i'll get ~55cfm at 28dB... meh, i'll just have to wait n see i guess :D

if you go for a quiet pc and oc then your pc might get too quiet-dead quiet

so lik someone else said it cooling is a necesity silence is a luxury

but that doesn't mean u can't have them both go with water cooling and u'll have both

Well, seing as i currently have 3 tornadoes running 1 foot away from me and it does not bother me, i would have to say a cooler PC is a happier PC hehe.

P.S. Bishop 245, i still cry at night because you called me deaf... That hurt my feelings hehe ;)

poor Newport with 3 tornados your either deaf or have really great headfones if the noise doesnt bother you lol

well considering my 20+ 80mm fans and 2 92mm fans i have going in this room it is very noisey but i dont sleep in here anymore bed got replaced by another desk but when i plug in my 80mm tornado it drowns out the rest of the fans