Backing Up Files On Steam

dac4n4d14n

anyone try to backup your games on steam yet? i tried it three times, backing up my entire silver package on two dvds, and it always gives me an error during the condition zero .gcf. i don't remember the error message exactly now. something about unable to write to memory block xxxxxxxx and it is a violation of access rights. i read somewhere that i had to delete clientregistry.blob and restart steam. that didn't work. i wanna backup my files.... anyone have the same problem?

I just backed mine up the other day. However I don't have Condition Zero. Mine worked good, all I did was took the Steam Apps folder and zipped it up and moved it to my file server. Then once I was done I moved it back onto my machine, unzipped and it worked great. :huh:

I just backed mine up the other day. However I don't have Condition Zero. Mine worked good, all I did was took the Steam Apps folder and zipped it up and moved it to my file server. Then once I was done I moved it back onto my machine, unzipped and it worked great. :huh:

Hey Lobbdogg I have a dumb question. I had to pull down the game from work because my connection is down at home. I am wondering if it is possible to just copy the steamapps folder to my flashdrive and then take it home, copy the folder to my PC and play the game? Do I need to install steam on my home machine for it to work? Sorry if this is an ignorant question but I really don't have any idea if it's possible. Any help is appreciated.....thanks

do you guys know if you can uninstall specific games from steam that you don't play. I need some hard drive space and all the games are taking a lot of space up.

edit: NM, I just deleted the .gcf files from the steam folder.

yes you can