Turning A Dorm Fridge Into A Cpu Case?

edge929

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well 94Camaro i do some cooking and i put my stuff a bit warm in the fridge, i know you're supposed to let it completely cool before you do but i always put it in early cause i dont want to forget it on the counter loll and i never see condensation on the pirex bowls,but i'm not sure about this, so i'll experiment it right away putting a glass of hot water in the fridge with a saucer on it cause we want to see the results with the warmth of an item against the cold of the fridge and i'll check it every minute see what happends ;)

Edited by kobalt

i thought moisture only condensed on cold objects because the cold would drop the temp of the moisture causing it to change its state to a liquid. I don't think that something hot would cause condensation. thats why a Cold glass condensates in the heat, however a hot glass doesnt condensate in the cold. it just burns your hand :D

However, what if moisture condenses on the roof of the fridge and drips onto the board? hmmm, well thats my 2 cents B)

You're right about the warm thing CNUco2007, my glass is just getting colder no moisture what so ever, that's what i wanted to erase, the fact that peoples always think that a warm board in a fridge will produce moisture, it WILL NOT for the reasons above,as for the dripping of the top of the fridge, the cooler part well that's an other thing :P

Edited by kobalt

:withstupid: Yeah, Thought cold things in warm areas made condensation, not warm things in cold areas. Anyway, sounds like a good idea.

What about reversing the HSF and ducting it out of the fridge? Think that might work?

:foldon:

unless you had a good seal for componets running to the outside, outside air would mix and cause moustire, I demoed this with one of my freezers, its old and has a tiny crack in it, after running for awhile ice built up on the rungs and water on the door, this mod would not work, no one's ever done it and probably never will, instread of just having a fridge air cooled system, I say you rip it apart and make a waterchiller, that will yield much higher results vs having all your components sitting around in cold air

Physics 101 - Condensation

Condensation is the conversion (phase change) of gas to liquid. It occurs when the air becomes saturated with moisture and releases it in the form of water.

The air around us contains water vapor (humidity), and we add more water vapor to it by normal breathing, perspiration, cooking, cleaning and showering. Therefore it is usually higher in a home where you are likely to find a PC. When the air becomes saturated with excess humidity, it dispels the moisture by condensing it back into water. This is what shows up on your window

:withstupid: Yeah, Thought cold things in warm areas made condensation, not warm things in cold areas. Anyway, sounds like a good idea.

What about reversing the HSF and ducting it out of the fridge? Think that might work?

:foldon:

warm items (food) in a cold fridge produces bacteria. fact. :D