Cultural Diversity Is A Good Thing.

spathalogic

Cultural diversity is a good thing.  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Cultural diversity is a good thing.

• Strongly Disagree.
    • Disagree.
    • Agree.
    • Strongly Agree.

I voted agree, because in general cultural diversity is a good thing. I didn't vote for "strongly agree" however, because there are limitations. As someone mentioned, govt-forced cultural diversity is a bad thing, for example, affirmative action. Affirmative action was good when it was first implemented, and arguably necessary, but in this day and age, it causes more discrimination than it's supposed to ward against.

In addition, cultural diversity is a bad thing when "foreigners" abandon their culture completely...forgetting their roots (unless of course there's justified reasons for doing so, like being the victim of extremists, abuse, lack of freedom, etc.).

So I don't think it's shocking if people are against cultural diversity, as it needs to be somewhat "casual". In other words, let it happen naturally, don't force it.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with diversity but unfortunatly the states idea of diversity is afirmative action hires. They hire minorities that don't come close to the job requirements. I won't mention any names but my mom works with a lady that doesn't even have the required degree and doesn't get her work done but they keep her anyways.

:smack:

I agree with cultural diversity. More power to it. But when laws are created that force people to be diverse or suffer penalties or lawsuits, that is just wrong. I do not believe in affirmitave action. Discrimination to counter discrimination is not an answer to anything. Two wrongs do not make a right. IMO.