Nfs:ug2

TimeMachine

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maxed? I don't think so!!

I can't even max everything out on my 800XT....And still im only getting about 50fps average :(

Thats a load of crap... my 9600XT plays HL2 awesomely and I have a bargain card... if an X800 can't play that game maxed out, then those cards are a waste of cash. <_<

you have a very low standard of awesome if you think your 9600xt can run hl2 awesome. i have a a64 3500+ with 2x512mb of 500mhz ddr system where the 9600xt is clearly the limitting component and it barely runs hl2 on 1024x768 with graphics on medium.

NFS:U2 is far more graphics intensive than hl2, but personally i think thats due to poor coding, the game doesnt look much better, just has lots of stuff happening that doesnt need to be as detailed as it is, with not enough options to make up for it.

Edited by invidious

Maxed? I don't think so!!

I can't even max everything out on my 800XT....And still im only getting about 50fps average  :(

Thats a load of crap... my 9600XT plays HL2 awesomely and I have a bargain card... if an X800 can't play that game maxed out, then those cards are a waste of cash. <_<

Just telling it like it is ;)

i have my (rather, had) 9800pro running it at 1280 x 1024 4x aa 8x af all textures etc at max.....runs pretty darned good if you ask me! but then i only have 65hz refresh on a tft....not sure if that contributes in any way? i suppose it depends on the game.

i have my (rather, had) 9800pro  running it at 1280 x 1024    4x aa    8x af  all textures etc at max.....runs pretty darned good if you ask me! but then i only have 65hz refresh on a tft....not sure if that contributes in any way? i suppose it depends on the game.

Well the max refresh rate for any monitor at that resolution would be 60 - 65 anyway....I don't think it should make a difference. For example, i was running MOHPA at 1024x768 at 75 but then realised i should be running at 85 but it made no difference in fps. The average fps was still 77 ;)

Still can't find out why nfs is running crappy....What drivers are you running Silverfox? Im using the 4.11's but i tried the 4.8's and couldn't even play it...I may try 4.9 or 10's later :unsure:

Or maybe a reformat is in need :ph34r:

Edited by HomerJaySimpson

i was using 4.08's (the august drivers?) try those perhaps. i am a fan of older drivers most times unless there is a need for newer ones. i think i update them once every few months :lol:

the tft is flicker free so there is no difference on whatever refresh i use :D

i've just formatted and my pc is running slower than my old P3 800....no virii...no hardware faults....nothing.....suddenly it will go fast again for a few hours then go reeeeally laggy....

i've just formatted and my pc is running slower than my old P3 800....no virii...no hardware faults....nothing.....suddenly it will go fast again for a few hours then go reeeeally laggy....

Ram perhaps? Are you overclocking it? How many hard drives do you have and what size is your pagefile?

Thats the drivers i used 4.8's and all i could see in nfs was lights :blink:

hard drives: 120gig WD .... 160gig Maxtor page file will be default it is 1152-2304 for c: (there are 8 partitions, never a prob before now)

there is no OC at all. not processor, ram, or gfx.

the lights! :D yeah turn of "glow" or something and suddenly you can see the car! i did that and the demo really baffled me, lol. but it ran well on those drivers - just turned off some random blur effect maybe? i cant remember! motion blur was on cos the N20 was cool...