Eq2/eq Versus Wow

Nedlinin

Had a nice little(2 hour) debate with my friend on this -- Up to you all to decide the winner :-p

Was fun at the time :-p never thought it would take so long to finish

I think its clear I won :-p

Edited by Nedlinin

I started to read it... then I started thinking to myself... what the heck am I doing reading this?

Sorry dude, but uh... I can't believe that you debated that for two hours on AIM. I didn't even know people debated on AIM... OK back to work now, I'll just finished by saying that you won. ;)

Everquest/EQ2 are very addictive, but, I hate them to hell. Played EQ I for 5 years on and off and EQ II in beta. For the, about 2 months, that I played World of Warcraft in closed beta, I had much more fun then I EVER had during my years of EverCRAP.

To quote from a [short] review I made awhile ago:

On Jul 12, 2004 Instago  wrote:

This is a good example of "Play becomes Work," whereas you start off saying, "Wow, what a fun, cool game," and later saying, "OMFG, IM GOING TO HAVE TO GRIND ALL THAT XP BECAUSE I DIED, ITS GOING TO TAKE SOOO LONG!!" After playing Everquest on and off for about 4 years, I've realized how bad it is. I then moved on to Planetside, which was the same in the sense of play turning into work. After that I tried Star Wars Galaxies (hoping it would be done correctly and give a pure "SWG" sense). It did not, it was the same as the two before... play becomes work. The Graphics are okay, but there are many, many glitches. The sound gets monotonous and annoying. I found little to no Role Playing on the Fironia Vie server (Roleplaying Server), but when I did, it was fun (the 2 times). It is fun in the begining, but you will eventually feel the grind. Grinding to level up is all that this game is "good" for, but it is extremely satisfying in the begining so thats why I gave it a 4 and NOT a 1 or 2. The Community isn't the absolute best, but it is still, nonetheless, quite good. If you need help, or lose an item, someone is usually there to help. Although there are some a**holes, and scammers, the "good side" of the community should help you with your troubles. I would have given community a 9 or 10 but the fact that there are too many arrogant, greedy high level characters bullying and putting down all other players isnt very cool =/. There is little to no lag if you have a cable modem and a decent computer system, although you may need to turn down some polish options like "spell effects" or viewing distance. The Customer Service is alright, I've had good and bad experiences. I wish it could be faster though, but usually if a Game Master gets a hold of yah (which could be after minutes, hours, days, or maybe even a few weeks) he or she will be able to help you very well. All in all, I think EverQuest is just a giant time sink. There really isnt anything much to do other than levelling up. "Play becomes work."

Edited by Instag0

Sorta..scanned through it... all I saw was basically comparing graphics of the two games! I tend to go for some sort of story and gameplay over graphics. No One Lives Forever 1 was a great game.. graphics weren't all that wonderful, but it was great fun! I found No One Lives Forever 2 just as much fun, even though they seem to have ditched most of the story cutscene type stuff :( My favourite games of all times are Legacy of Kain games.. story! Although I have to say Defiance does look rather pleasant, and I thought Soul Reaver 2 looked really nice too, but I like Blood Omen 1 just as much (pixels). Oh.. and Monkey Island, Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle... they're all cool games :D Does all seem to be about graphics these days... 'tis a shame :(

That actually probably had nothing to do with your arguement at all. I just saw alot of argueing about graphics and... well... that's my sort of half view on the whole graphics thing :)

I'll hide now *hides*