Pleeease Help Me!

Encrypted_God

Here is my question; I know alittle about oc'ing and what I am supposed to achieve but as far as what is the best settings I am supposed to be at is the problem. I have messed around quite abit with it but I am not sure if I am doing it right. Currently I am at the default settings. When I do OC, sometimes my mod will reboot for no apparent reason (well I do know but..) I guess what I'm saying is I don't know what I'm doing? LOL. Here is what I got;

FSB was at 180MHZ, Multpl.-x10, Memory timings-3,3,3,7, Vcore1.65, Mem. Voltage-2.8, My PSU is 350...I am at work right now so cannot access my Mod. But I can answer any questions for you to help me. Can you give me an example of good stable settings? As far as my updates is concern I have the 1012 Bios, The new drivers for all.

i think it could be a psu prob. 350 of generic isnt good for OC'ing. take in account my comp in my sig. i cant OC worth crap with my gay 330Watt PSu w/ 8 fans, 2 hd's, 9800 pro, 2 cd-roms, so i think if u get a new psu, u will do better

Ah yes! I didn't even think of that. I guess I had no idea that the PSU had some sort of connection to oc'ing but there is good news! I have a new case/psu on 'da way from newegg. It is here-->http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-133-125&depa=0. Would that be sufficiant? I still would like some numbers (settings) to try. Do have any ideas?

That PSU should be good for the system that your runing. i am preaty exsperanced with AMD OC'ing, and i know that you can OC crazy with that Main Board that you have. how ever every system runs diffrent, no two are the same unless thay have the same EXACT! hard ware but even then its still possable that one could OC more then the other. So what i segest you do is incress your FSB by say 10-20 at the most untill you reach a state that your computer seems unstable or where your satified, and then go back and set it back 10-20 and work from there. could be your memory to that will cause your system to fail so i sejest OCing that seprately. let me know if you need anything elce be gald to help.

Edited by Grandmasterlarry

I apologize for my knowledge on this subject but could you tell me HOW to OC. I think that I am doing it right but maybe not, I don't know. What should I see after the OC. Is the rig going to "appear" faster? And in what ways will I see a difference? Isn't it true that the oc is supposed to make your gaming more enjoyable? Here is where I am at; when I am playing Far Cry, I have to put the settings all to LOW. I mean what the #@%* !!?? I didn't spend all the money I did to have my Rig "hesitate" or Lag when I playing a game. I guess I am so frusterated right now I can't even think straight. Like my title says; "HELP ME PLEEEAE!!"

as for your settings on LOW on Far Cry, it is the video card that is holding you back. i used to have that exact same card, but when i recieved my 9800pro for free :) it boosted my Doom 3 to 60 fps (capped) on 1024x768 HIGH resolution. 4xAA. I used to get 20 or so FPS with my 5600 256MB card on 640x480 LOW resolution. The CPU itself is fine as it is. Mainly OC'ing is for more expert users and usually to OC, u raise FSB and increase VCore. Also loosen your timings for your ram

Well your OC by adjusting you FSB, in your Bios. And the differance you see will depend on how much you OC, isnt the FSB 333 or 400 on your processor? that might be why is so slow! read you MB manual and first set to what the processor is saposed to run at stock. and you can view the frame rate in the game everyting you OC to see if it dose make i differance or tun some benchamrks after you OC.

Are you saying that I am getting a Bottleneck from my GPU? I think you are. But yea that makes sence. I am in the process now I building me a new RIG. I have all the parts selected here is what I ordered; AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512k L2 Cache,(64-bit Windows Compatible Processor), ASUS Black 52X32X52 IDE Internal CD-RW Drive, ASUS K8V SE Deluxe, Seagate 80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, XFX nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT Video Card, 256MB, Thermaltake Black Xaser V Damier Full-Tower Case with 420W Power Supply. And comments? suggestions?

change that PSU and get at least a 500W or more (if you are going to OC). change that board out for an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum. The ASUS 64 bit boards sux azz.... and yes, you do have a bottleneck on that GPU

Edited by zigen