Sign in to follow this  
pi-dickens_project

End Digit Of Pi

I dont know if this is true or not, maybe im just behind the times and been under a rock... but i heard that the end digit of pi was calcualted. Anyone else heard that or is it gibberish? :blink:

Ummmmm..... if true.

Whats the digit :P

What would you guess?

I would think it would be... 7... I just did all that calculating in my head... ;):P:rolleyes:

^ Lets say you are making the calculation for a interplanetary spaceship's course.

you need you trigonometry to be as precise as possible to avoid being pulled by a gravity field or missing the planet you wanted to reach.

I'd also do if for fun.

better question: who wasted all that time and money to find out? or WHY?

some religions are based on teh fact that life is a perfect circle, if the perfect calculation for a circle was found that would be their link to god, or whatever.

pi is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, and as such, will continue non-ending since it's an irrational number... if you really must know, the answer is 42 ;)

I guess it could have some uses.

the religion one is problably more likely than anything else, though I was always under the impression that finding god was a not a scientific thing in all religions. the perfect circle was more of a spiritual thing than anything else.

i'm pretty sure pi doesn't have an end...

but people were also pretty sure the speed of light was a constant. turns out it IS variable depending on certain conditions.